Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 12, 2009

Bourjois Paris Smoked Eyes Palette


It took the Muse a fair while before she perfected the art of a smoky eye. I'm using the term art loosely as I'm no expert at creating a good smoky eye look. One thing I have discovered is that "colored" smoky eyes are the most flattering of all. One of my favorite smoky looks is created using various shades of greens, this makes my big, buggy eyes fairly pop. Some of my best colored smoky eyes were created using KATE Glamtrick Palettes. These palettes truly make it easy and simple to create a killer smoky eye look with graduating colors that are a snap to blend and use.

Speaking of colored smoky eyes and easy application Bourjois Paris has a brand new line of Smoky Eye Palettes made up of three beautiful shades for creating dramatic, colorful smoky looks. Likey!

Check 'em after the jump!

First off allow me to say I haven't been this excited about cosmetics in a very long time. Being exposed to makeup daily sometimes takes the joy out of the haul. When I first laid my eyes on the new Bourjois Paris Smoked Eyes Pallete my heart did so begin to pound in that happy, joyful way when new makeup presents itself to me. These palettes are truly exciting for me.

These new palettes are available right now in Asia and I'm sure will be launched Euro wise shortly. Sadly, the Bourjois Paris USA site no longer loads which leads me to believe they may finally being pulling out of our country but that's pure speculation on my part as the line is still sold in Ulta.

The palettes look like they are made up of three baked shadows in graduating colors for creating an intense dramatic colored smoky look. I can't begin to tell you how much I am loving the looks of these. They are available in 8 shades and are 2,100 yen each. The standard black and gray is available of course but they also have a rosy smoky look, a teal smoky look, green, brown, and many more combinations.

Without further commentary from me have a peek at the palettes for yourself below!
















I haven't wanted to haul an entire collection in a long time but I must say each color absolutely screams at me. I can so see myself getting six or all eight of these. The simplicity and ease of use (three shades only) make it a winner for me plus they look richly pigmented. If they apply and work as well as they look in the palette count this Muse a happy girl.

As soon as I track them down I'll be reviewing.

Want!

What do you think?

Are you a traditional black and gray smoky girl?

Or do you love a colored smoky look?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

The blue and purple ones look amazing!

August 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

ohmigosh! They look fabulous! I'd love to have the violet, dark brown and gold (2nd last) ones!! It's too bad we don't have Bourjois here

August 12, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Miss_M said...

These pallets look so lovely !! I'm not really into heavy smoky eyes, but I can see myself getting the pinke one (#4).

August 12, 2009 at 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

Yeah, you're right, they are amazing! I really hope they'll be released in Belgium too. I probably would also buy more than one, they're cute!

August 12, 2009 at 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous. I was so in love with bourjois and I was so sad when Sephora stopped carrying it.

August 12, 2009 at 2:28 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I'm LOVING' 'em all DD ;-D

August 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

connie we don't either anymore sad sigh :(

Hope I can track them down!

August 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

miss m lovingggggg the pink :-D

August 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey stephanie I'm so excited to try them. Hope I can track 'em down!

August 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

sniff me too shontay :(

August 12, 2009 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger nemuineko said...

Oh man, I want all of them, too! Why do they hate us in the USA, why?

August 12, 2009 at 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Beth said...

Oooh..I want all of these!

I tend to stick to the grey/black smokey eye, but I could totally be tempted by every single one of these little lovelies.

Hopefully they launch them in the US (for you) and the UK (for me) soon!

August 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi beth!

Me too!!!!!!!! I sure do hope they get to the UK as well since it's likely that's where I'll be hauling from as I doubt they'll arrive in the US, bummer

August 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

tell me about it karou :P sadness!

August 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Fabiola said...

Ooh! The pink and light brown ones definitely look nice. I must say you're really up to date on make up releases, my dear Muse. I haven't read any info on this collection on any European blogs. Keep up the good work! :-)

August 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Janice said...

oh oh oh!!! LOVE!!! those colors are lovely and i couldn't resist smoky combination... though i'm not good at it but me like!!

August 14, 2009 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi fabiola!

aren't they gorg?! want 'em :-D hehe! Aw my pleasure!

Thanks hun!

I believe in Euro they will be available November :-D

and Japan/Asia in August!

August 18, 2009 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey janice these should make smoky application a snap!!!!!!! :-D

August 18, 2009 at 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home