Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 10, 2009

Product Musings: Illamasqua Tremble Blush Review and Swatches


At first glance Illamasqua Blush in Tremble is easy enough to pass up. Matte, a bit chalky, and unappealing on a whole one would easily skip it in favor of another shade.

Jump ahead to hear if Tremble makes the cut!

I'm a self proclaimed hater of matte finishes so of course when I got my hands on my first Illamasqua Blush I was heartbroken at the dull, matte finish. Le sigh. Illamasqua makes matte it's game as a majority of it's collection is made up of the finish. The Muse was determined to try this out even if it killed her.






Turns out matte isn't so bad and Tremble isn't as chalky as I though. This sheer, subtle baby pink has pretty decent color pay off and gives a kiss of cheeky innocent pink to my face. The formula is pretty silky smooth and richly pigmented, don't let the product in the pan fool you as it does appear very chalky and unimpressive. The shade has a surprisingly rich pigmentation and works quite well on my medium fair skin. The shade is buidable so you can do a quick swipe of pink or layer it up for a bolder pop of color. Actually the shade Tremble quite reminds me of the Balm Down Boy Blush but with a bit more pop!




Overall, if this is what the rest of Illamasqua Blushes are looking like count the Muse impressed and ready for some hauling!

Sportin' Illamasqua Blush in Tremble

Likey!

Muse Approved for purchase.


Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Janet said...

Ooooh, that looks great on you! Wow, I'm blown away. I'll have to check this out too. Thanks for this review.

August 10, 2009 at 9:04 PM  
Anonymous lyn said...

It's very tempting, would love to pick one up. I've never used matte blushers until lately. I bought up Desire and Gilda from NARS and was utterly surprised. I think I must be seeing things, they are matte but I feel like it gives me a glow!

August 10, 2009 at 10:11 PM  
Anonymous Marley said...

I love this blush on you! I know you like shimmer, but I think this is so flattering. Absolutely gorgeous.

August 11, 2009 at 4:10 AM  
Blogger Laura L said...

nice color... baby pink!

August 11, 2009 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure Janet :-D it's a great pink shade!

August 11, 2009 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey lyn!

I was shocked too! matte and me normally never hold hands :-D but I was shocked how lovely it applied!

yay for matte blushes!

August 11, 2009 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks marley you're lovely for saying so :-D

I'm seeing matte in a whole new light!

August 11, 2009 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yay ning :-D lovin' pink!

August 11, 2009 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Aretha said...

woops this was the blush that i told you about that didnt work for me! =S glad it worked for you though hun! :)

August 11, 2009 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous gio said...

This blush looks great on you! I'm not usually a fan of matte blushes, but this looks very flattering.

August 11, 2009 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey aretha!

I was sooooo thinking it wouldn't be any good for me but it looks so pretty on my cheeks, love it!

August 11, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

gio me either, matte is absolute hell hehe :-D but the color is so pretty and it makes my cheeks glow!

August 11, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

wow this looks really good on you!! besides you can always apply a seperate highlighter on top for a little bit of sprakle. but I really think it looks best this way on you :)

August 13, 2009 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sher

thanks hun! :-D

absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!

August 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home