Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 11, 2009

Product Musings: MAC Push the Edge Pigment Swatches MAC Make-Up Art Fall As Seen By Marilyn Minter


Long gone are the days of old when the Muse had to have every single MAC Pigment ever known to men, ahhh the life of a cosmetic junkie.

The last of the trio in the MAC Make-Up Art is the Fall As Seen By Marilyn Minter. This collection includes MAC Pigments, MAC Reflects Glitter, and MAC Glitter. As much as I adore pigment I'm not particularly excited about this release as I do believe I've overdosed on plenty of piggies and glitter to last me a full life time.

Click ahead to muse about the brand new MAC Push the Edge Pigment!

The Muse's initial impression of MAC Pigment in Push the Edge was, "whoa that's a dupe of Entremauve". Turns out that's a nay. Although quite similar (so much so you can skip Push the Edge if you already own Entremauve) they are have a subtle little difference. Push the Edge is a deep set royal purple as is Entremauve but the difference is Entremauve is a tiny bit deeper in color and has a subtle bit of golden shimmer. Aside from this they pretty much swatch almost identical.






I've never made fair use of Entramauve as it's either too deep a purple for me to appreciate or I just don't have the talent to create a dramatic eye look using it. When I originally purchased it my MA suggested using it as a liner but it seemed a whole lot of piggie just to use as a liner. Since that day it's sat happily away on my shelf without getting any love from me.

This leads me to believe that Push the Edge may very well suffer the same faith. I do so wish I could create some incredibly purple smoky eye look but I fear I don't have the talent to take on such a bold look.




I liked Mariyln's collection least of the three MAC Make-Up Art Trios sadly. I'm always one for getting excited about pigments but this time around I may safely skip.

Are you lemming Push the Edge?

What sort of look would you create using it?

Do share!

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Valerie said...

Yeah, I have Entremauve so I will not be purchasing Push the Edge. I've never really used it either. :/

August 11, 2009 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Shiya said...

I've never got my hands on entramauve! need to get this now :D
Thanks muse!

August 11, 2009 at 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be honest, i'm terrified to try pigments out. i just don't have the talent to work them. i do love the color though, just not sure it would work for me. so that'll be something i don't take home :)

August 12, 2009 at 4:49 AM  
Blogger Marie. said...

I have violet, and I want Push The Edge, but I'm afraid they'll be too similar. I usually just use it all over the lid, or pair it with a lighter shade of purple.

August 12, 2009 at 5:44 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

glad I'm not alone Valerie

Always seemed a might difficult color to work with :(

August 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure shiya :D

August 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

totally understand how you fill mynext30. They are difficult to work with, lots of fall out yak! I find a good base under it makes blending easy and less fall out :D

August 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi marie thanks for the cool tip :-D I was worried about using all over the lid but maybe I'll give it a whirl!

August 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home