Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 18, 2009

Benefit Lip Gloss Review and Swatches

Benefit has replaced many of it's glosses with a single new line of gloss in eight shades.

The formula is supposedly a glossy finish with a great color payoff and most important a dazzling shine.


What did I think of them?

Check it after the jump!

So long as you go into your purchase of Benefit Lip Gloss believing it to be more of a lip cream than a gloss you should be alright. It's a very interesting formula that isn't particularly glossy or shiny but more of a creamy lip color.

I tried three shades of the new gloss and I loved the fact that they had such great color payoff. Each one was quite pigmented and left behind a creamy, sparkling finish. It's not really a typical gloss in my opinion as the texture and formula are quite creamy in nature. One shade did have a slightly gritty texture due to the amount of shimmer in the product but it still managed to apply nicely. The shades all wear pretty long and have a moisturizing formula so they won't try out your lips.




The shades I tried were Zone Out (Golden Nude), Almost Famous (Bronze Penny), and Fresh Squeezed (Shimmering Off Pink). I loved all three shades but I was particularly delighted with Almost Famous as it paired up so great with many of my Summer looks this season.






























So long as your purchasing these for the pigmentation you should be ok but don't expect a super glossy finish. I thought that the formula of Benefit Her Glossiness was rather ideal for a glossy finish but these lacked the standard mirror shine you'll get from many "glosses" which is why I'm seeing them more as a creamy lip color.

Overall, the shades are very nice and if you prefer a gloss that isn't super sticky, tacky, or shiny these should appeal especially if you love a highly pigmented lip product!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Marina said...

great review, as always! I like Zone Out.But Fresh Squeezed looks more like coral not "Shimmering Off Pink" or is it coral only on photos?

August 18, 2009 at 3:01 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey marina thanks so much mwah!

mmmm not so much coral but almost a pink grapefruit or an off pink that's deeper and richer...it's very nice :-D

August 18, 2009 at 3:05 PM  
Anonymous JamieMaria said...

Oh I loved Benefit's Her Glossiness in Life on the A list, and was soo sad to find it gone. But I see there's a version of this one with the same name, crossing my fingers hoping they're alike!

August 18, 2009 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jamiemaria!

I loved it too! Great stuff. I thought these were more pigmented and less glossy :-D You may very well find a good dupe in the new line

good luck!

August 18, 2009 at 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Marina said...

thank you for reply, muse
I am looking for a perfect coral gloss :)
I guess I will try Zone Out then.

August 19, 2009 at 6:00 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure hun!

have you tried pink grapefruit from mac?

very fiery coral orange so pretty!

August 20, 2009 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was wondering whether this formula was better than Her Glossiness. Thanks for giving the details on the new formula. Really loving the pigment of these glosses but they seem a little to shimmery compared to Her Glossiness. Will definitely check it out.

August 22, 2009 at 1:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure elizabeth!

def more shimmery and kinda creamy :-D

have a swatch you may adore 'em!

August 26, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home