Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 9, 2009

MAC ColourCraft: MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Review, Photos, and Swatches

But of course the best should always be saved for last which is why I'm posting about the new MAC Mineralized Skinfinishes as the last of my MAC Colour Craft haul. I do not deny that I have a serious addiction to MSF, I do not deny that I have the pokemon, collect 'em all disease when it comes to MSF, and I most definitely do not deny that I hauled all of these bad boys today (minus Pink Porcelain as I already have it) without an ounce of remorse, I'm stimulating the economy you see and doing my job as a good American.


Jump ahead for a peep!

With a release of six shades, six shades, yes six shades, I really dig saying that. With a release of six shades total this is a big MSF release and an exciting one to say the least. Five brand new shades, one new finish (kinda it's been visited before with MAC BBR), and one repromote make up the best of MAC Color Craft for me. Three of the new MSF are solid colors where as three have a new color graduation finish a la the release of MAC Blonde, Brunette, and Redhead.


Of course I do favor the trio, un-solid MSF in this release as they are a bit different and unique plus the solid shades were just a tad too matte and dark. I took note that these could easily multitask as an eyeshadow if you want and in fact the formula even kind of felt like mineralized shadow. I hauled all three shades as each was more beautiful than the other, I can't resist pretty MAC.

Warm Blend is primarily the darkest shade of the three with a trio of bronze brown colors. Triple Fusion considerably lighter than Warm Blend and almost pastel-like with it's shimmering shades of golden champagne, peachy bronze, and golden pink. And lastly, the most unique of the three, Smooth Merge. Smooth Merge is made up of a paler pink, coppery pink, and deep golden beige.






































The solid MSF I got were Cheeky Bronze and Sunny by Nature. Sunny by Nature is quite matte, not a shimmery finish and very deeply bronze which I'm unsure if I can pull off but I think a dab won't hurt, it's not my favorite shade but I'm glad I got it regardless. Cheeky Bronze feels like a Petticoat dupe but without the intricate golden veining. It's semi matte with a touch of shimmer, nothing crazy and almost pink in color, very pretty and my fav of the two.


























Shimmer haters will be relieved that these are rather subdued minus heavy glittery chunks when compared to previous releases. The shades are all deeply pigmented and can act as a highlighter, bronzer, or just a blush.

All in all it's a very exciting release of color for MAC and my favorite part of MAC Colour Craft.

How about you?

Which did you haul?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , ,

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as for my budget i bought cheeky bronze and porcelain pink and i really like them for my complexion. i wish i could pick up warm blend or sunny by nature. and i felt that i have a dupe for triple fusion and it was redhead, for smooth merge it was petticoat

July 10, 2009 at 12:18 AM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

Hi again =)
I feel like a comment machine lately but I just can't help myself! I love MSFs & I love this collection too. Like you, I really am not feeling mineralized e/s at all. I have one duo that's sitting unloved in the bottom of some drawer and those patch work ones to not appeal to me at all. Unfortunately, every thing else mineralized does! I'm on a strict no-buy right now (stupid economy & layoffs) I bet my fave MA at MAC is wondering where the hell I am right now, LOL. You said it best, Muse- "le sigh"

July 10, 2009 at 2:25 AM  
Anonymous Belle said...

Hi Muse, I got warm blend and sunny by nature! They're absolutely gorgeous! I'm still eyeing cheeky bronze but on me, it looks exactly like in the pan (pink peach). I much prefer your swatch of it since it reflects the bronze that cheeky bronze should have. =)

July 10, 2009 at 2:48 AM  
Blogger plue said...

ah, how does Triple Fusion compared to Improvise?

Are they both similar? They look kinda same to me >_< If they are similar, which do you recommend? Tee hee. :D

July 10, 2009 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Pao said...

Hi Muse! I'm back! Internet at home, finally!!!!!!

I like the MSFs in this collection, plus the blushes (though I have too many blushes...) so I'll probably skip this collection and go directly to NARS' fall collection... lovely eyeshadow duos :)

Have a very very nice weekend!

July 10, 2009 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

awesome hauling anonymous :-D cheeky bronze is great...I already have PP and it's a super highlighter. smooth merge was def like petticoat...!!! I didn't get the redhead msf damn!
enjoy your msf dear!

July 10, 2009 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jessie!

please by all means comment :-D I love it!

the shadows were a bust for me :P I think many of my duos and trios are also sitting untouched in my draw...I do like the singles they released but these hold little appeal hohum!

awww it's good though! I wish I can restrict myself a bit more but I'm awfully addicted. I'm going to try to be good :-D hehe don't worry when you get back your MA will welcome you, arms open, hehe!

until than you can come here and we can chat makeup like two fools hehe!

July 10, 2009 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi belle!

great haulin' hun! :-D cheey bronze reminds me of petticoat minus the veining so if you already have that one you're golden. I was going to skip sunny by nature but I'm terribly addicted to msf couldn't resist :-D

I bet you go back for one or two more hehe try to resist!

July 10, 2009 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey plue!!!!!

I think we chatted this on twitter hehe but I'll be sure to swatch 'em both for ya bebe!

I'd def say that the two are a tad diff...but I'm gonna swatch and see how I feel after :-D

July 10, 2009 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey pao pao!
MISSED YOU!

I seen nars fall :-D curious if it'll live up to the promos! Can't wait!

have a super weekend dear!

July 10, 2009 at 2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Musey, what do you think about the Lipglsses? They look gorgeous and are not sheer! By the way, please please please review the Garden Graphic collection soon. Love you and your blog!

July 10, 2009 at 4:28 PM  
Blogger plue said...

i posted the comment way before the tweets! i guess i got excited ad cudn't wait so i asked them again!

sorry for all the troubles! but i am so happy you would be swatching them! thank you very very much!

July 10, 2009 at 8:13 PM  
Anonymous jonnie said...

Okay, so I think both Triple Fusion and Smooth Merge are lovely... but I have to admit, I have yet to figure out what MSFs are for! Yes yes, shame on me. But last time I was at the MAC counter even the MAC guy told me he didn't think I needed one. So someone enlighten me! Because if I can figure that one out, one of those two might have to be mine (add it to the list... sigh! Good thing my reenlistment bonus is coming soon!)

July 10, 2009 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

The only things I have hauled so far from this collection are the MSF's: Porcelain Pink, Cheeky Bronze, and Smooth Merge...and I'm thinking about going back for Triple Fusion.

July 10, 2009 at 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse
I can feel massive lemmings coming on... now that MAC have removed the hideous chunky glitter from their MSFs I am seriously loving their finish. I am quite liking the look of triple fusion... um.. beautiful... thanks for the swatches!
ps I love the fact that you are doing your bit for the economy - you are a true patriot!! hehehe

July 11, 2009 at 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sadly, there was nothing from color craft i was interested in.

July 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi meebomello!

Didn't like 'em :( I actually posted a review and a few swatches yesterday. I dunno they just didn't appeal. Did you like them? I find them a tad bit messy and don't like the packaging :P

aww thanks for loving my blog hun! and will def haul GG just haven't had a sec to stop at nordies for a peep :-D

Big Hugs!

July 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey plue!

LOL that's ok :-D totally understand! you're most welcome, do me a favor and let me know in an email or a tweet which ones you needed comparing to again?

July 14, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi jonnie!

hehe not at all as I started out that way. You can use 'em as a blush or on top of blush or as a bronzer or just to highlight certain areas of your face or in this case the trios can even be used as shadows if you wanna multitask :D

hehe hope this helps hun!

July 14, 2009 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jackieg02

nice haul!!!!! :-D I couldn't resist them very long, so pretties!

July 14, 2009 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anonymous

hehe :-D I hear you! They are for the most part kinda frosty and I felt like the sunny was very matte.

my pleasure hun! :-D

LMAO yes perfect excuse to go shopping, all about my patriotism :-D

July 14, 2009 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi mynext30yrs!

Phew good save you some $$$ :-D

no worries I spent enough for the both of us hehe!

July 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger Pao said...

Hi Muse!

Can you believe this??? Smooth Merge didn't arrive to my counter!!! I "had" to purchase porcelain pink instead (and the 3 brushes, yay!)

July 15, 2009 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oo no any luck yet pao pao!?

July 22, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home