Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 9, 2009

Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation Review




I've been flirting with Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation for over a month now, probably longer. No one has said it yet and it needs to be said. Why the hell do we need HD foundation anyway? It's not like we are on TV or doing photo shoots all day. At least I'm not, lucky you if you are.

In a bid to be the latest to jump on board the HD makeup craze bandwagon Smashbox has introduced a brand new HD ready line of products including foundation and concealer.

What do I think about the foundation?

Check it after the jump!

Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation is an oil-free liquid foundation that promises flawless skin.

Here's the deal it's advertised as providing the perfect finish for use with high definition film, so I can look great on film, television, and in my photos. But the fact is...my life is obviously boring...because I'm not on TV nor am I in the movies.

Damn.

But...I do want flawless skin anyway, I'm shallow like that.

The formula is oil free but in fact feels like a hot oily mess on my skin. Ugh totally a gross feeling. It's a bit of a silicon nightmare going on here. Smashbox HD Foundation has a similar texture to Smashbox Photo Finish Primer but with a runny formula. We've established how much I hate silicon by now. It feels very strange on my skin and dry down takes a good deal longer than with my regular foundation.






Hmmmm...

It's difficult to explain but the foundation does feel like it sits on top of my skin rather than absorbing. I chalk this effect up to the silicons that are in the product. Although I absolutely abhor the feeling of the foundation I really can't deny the fact that my face does look smoother when it's finally applied and in place. The foundation is weightless but does leave a tad bit of an oily residue on my skin.

I don't recommend it for anyone with oily skin as this has the potential to be uncomfortable for extremely oily skin types. If you have dry skin or combination skin this should work a treat. The product contains an SPF 15 which isn't substantial enough for me but I do appreciate SPF is included.

Overall, I wanted to love this but I just found too many faults with the formula. I love how smooth it makes my skin and the illusion of perfection it hints at but the uncomfortable oily formula makes me second guess it.

No likey.

Anyone try?

Loves it?

Leaves it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Giselle said...

eh i think i tried a sample and i did not like it either.

July 10, 2009 at 1:42 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey giz

I was just meh too. I was hopeful it would be incredible and although it made my face very smooth I wasn't liking the texture!

July 14, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home