Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 9, 2009

C.O. Bigelow Cucumber Skin Tonic Review


After I do this last review I promise to stop tortuing you with my C.O. Bigelow haulage. Honest, I will, maybe.....I'll possibly stop...no promises k?

On the menu today we got stupid cheap C.O. Bigelow Skin Tonic for Dry Skin and the Muse likey!

Check after the jump!

Dry skin chicas rejoice at an ultra light, gel-like, moisturizing skin tonic to cool and refresh skin without alcohol! This slippery smooth gel toner is fantastic for Summer wear if you're wanting to forgo moisturizer. Saturate a cotton pad and smooth onto your face for a cool burst of cucumber scented toner that moisturizers your skin and preps it for makeup.






I'm in lust with this stuff.

It's $12 bucks for a big old bottle and simply grand for warm, humid days. It feels nice and cool on my face and it's ideal for ditching my regular facial cream for. The formula is a very light, runny gel which absorbs into skin easily without being tacky or sticky. The lack of alcohol is a great treat as alcohol bases are legendary for drying skin out.






Who might like this?
  • Anyone who wants a cool, refreshing toner in a non-mist or liquid formula.
  • Anyone who has dry skin but doesn't feel the need for rich moisturizing creams in the hot weather.
  • Anyone who wants a budget toner that gives skin a dewy finish!

Overall, it's an absolute steal for a large bottle and a rather great little must have for fresh Summer skin.

Muse Approved for purchase.



Loves it!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I'm now a big fan of gel moisturizers and gel primers, etc for the face. What are your favorites? From your review this sounds like a great gel to try :)

July 9, 2009 at 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

Ooooh, thanks for telling us (me!) about this! Like you, I'm generally dry but my moisturizer feels too heavy in the summer time. My normal cream actually broke me out- I never get pimples! I've switched to a lighter formula but I've been wanting something even lighter for those hot, hot days. Sounds good & the price is right! Thanks again Miss Muse =)

July 10, 2009 at 2:06 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

it is, quite nice. mostly the gel toners I use are Japanese ones, drugstore, cheapie bits and bobs :D

July 14, 2009 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure jessie.

lately I've been turning to toners for moisture. I'm totally dry but my cream feels WAY heavy so a fine mist of toner or this gets me the moisture I need!
and yay for cheapness!

July 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home