Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 9, 2009

MAC Colour Craft: MAC 131 and MAC 226 Review




Brush hauling ahead peeps. Three new brushes were released with the MAC Colour Craft Collection, two of which I hauled!

Jump ahead for a peep and a babble about the new brushes!

When I was plotting my haul for MAC Colour Craft I got so obsessed with snagging the 131 that I almost missed out on the 226. The 226 was originally released with MAC BBR and it was sold out by the time I made up my mind I must have. Thank gawd the MAC gods were shining down upon me as it's been re-released with this latest color story.

The 226 is quite like the younger sister of the 224. It's slimmer, far less bushy, and denser. I love my 224 and couldn't live without it but the 226 has alot going for it. The brush fits beautifully into the crease of my eye and blends shadow a treat. The bristles are light and dense enough so my heavy hand doesn't overdo my eye makeup. I'm absolutely in love with this brush at the moment. It's worthy of a look at and a pick up if you adore the 224.








The second brush I knew I had to have was the 131. The 131 reminds me of a fiber optic brush that I reviewed for you a while back ago. Although the 131 isn't as bushy it's almost an exact dupe for this brush so if you'd like a cheaper alternative grab the Aromaleigh version. As for me I'm loving the 131 for picking up a light wash of MSF or it's rather ideal for deeply pigmented blushes as it applies very gently. Really a great brush and also worthy of a look at. Of course it contours and highlights beautifully as well but for the most part I'll be using it with MSF.








Overall, these are two not to be missed brushes in my opinion particularly the 226 if you're looking for a good, dense blending brush!

Anyone haul these?

Wanting to?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger plue said...

oh, i don't know if i shud invest in 131! i already have 2 187! and i do want to own a 188 too! what do you think sis?

shud i get 131? even with me owning 187? :P

July 10, 2009 at 7:45 AM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

I have the 226 from the BBR Collection and I rarely grab for it. I prefer the 224 for the job.

July 10, 2009 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

naaa you're good if you have the 187! :D Unless you want the 131 for applying MSF but honestly 187 does a fab job :D

July 14, 2009 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jackie

don't you think this one fits the contour of the eye a bit better?

July 14, 2009 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Wanderlust Queen said...

OMG. I'm in love with the 226. Don't know how I lived without it!

July 15, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home