Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 2, 2009

Lipstick Queen Medieval Review and Swatches

I'm about to get all Medieval on you! Ha, I crack myself up. I so wanted to review Lipstick Queen Medieval Lipstick just so I can use that catch phrase. What? I'm easily amused, sue me.

Why was I under the impression Lipstick Queen Medieval Lipstick was a deeply pigmented, possibly matte lippie? Oh how the very confused I was. Turns out it's an incredibly sheer, lightweight lipstick that's simply gorg!






Jump for the review!

This lipstick was inspired by Medieval times when full coverage lipstick was considered a sin, hey they had lipstick in Medival times? Who knew? Better yet Lipstick Queen explains that women used lemons to stimulate the lips and stain their lips a see through blood red. Ha! That's like my tip of the day who wants to hit up Trader Joe's with me for some lemons? Ok, maybe mess, we'll stick with Lipstick Queen Medieval Lipstick, same effect and pretty packaging too!

I've been privy to much of Lipstick Queen's line and have loved just about everything I tried thus far. For some odd reason or another I was under the impression that Medieval was in fact a very bold, bright, matte red. Is there any reason why I was under said impression? It's any wonder as Lipstick Queen is known for brighter, bolder shades of lipstick that's for sure.

Turns out Lipstick Queen Medieval is anything but.....

This lippie is a very sheer, subtle kiss of red that's ideal for Summer lovin' lips. It's a universally flattering shade of what I deem "Snow White" red. You remember the fairy tale that told us Snow White had blood red lips well I suspect Snow White was guilty of going Medieval. The shade is that of a bitten lip look for a very natural, fresh kiss of color. I'm in love.








With the market saturating itself with plenty of sheer lip treatments lately, 'ello Dior, 'ello Fresh, I must say that Medieval sets itself apart in a sea of red. The formula is a moisturizing blend with just the right touch of red pigment. It's nothing overly dramatic, nothing crazy or bold. It's simply natural, fresh, and rather ideal of you're a minimal makeup kinda gal.

As for me, Lipstick Queen Medieval is simply gorgeous and my new Summer Must Have Make Up Item. I multitasked it in my below picture by applying a generous layer on my lips and proceeding to follow up with some on my cheeks. Yup, that's right, I used it as a blush. The formula can easily be used as as a subtle lipstick or a cheeky little blusher for gently flushed skin. No making fun as I didn't have time to slap on foundation or concealer this morning so I'm being really minimal today with my makeup eep!




Loves it!

Total Muse Approval for purchase. Likey alot.



Anyone try?

Loves it?

Tell the Muse!

Lipstick Queen Medieval is available at www.lipstickqueen.com for $20.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous laura r said...

i've been wondering if you'd review this. i haven't ordered it because at some point i'll get to a store in my area that carries the line (shipping is a lot for one leetle lippie!) but this is the one i definitely want.
THANKS!

July 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Justine said...

Musey dear -- Would you please compare and contrast Lipstick Queen Medieval with Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick when you get the chance? Both have been touted by the media as universally flattering shades. I'm finishing up my tube of Clinique Black Honey and considering springing for Medieval. After all, Black Honey is cheaper. Thanks, darling!

July 2, 2009 at 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse!

You look so natural and pretty in the photographs! Thanks for the idea of using it as a blush . . . it never occurred to me that it could do double duty. =P

I love this product -- it's my go-to for no fuss summer lips. I wish it had some SPF in it, but given all its other qualities, I'm not going to complain. Just a sweep of this on the lips, a little Nars Alhambra eyeshadow on the lids, and some mascara, and I'm good to go! =D

And I'm such a dork . . . I actually have the packaging tacked up on my fridge, I like it that much.

Hope you have a great day and a wonderful holiday weekend!

July 2, 2009 at 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

Muse, I've gotta tell you- you're killing me!! Since I've been reading your blog, my wish list, want list & must-have list have been growing out of control! I want some LQ sooooo bad.... I think it might have to do with the fact that I can't see it in person around here =) It looks lovely on you.
PS- you look fine with no foundation! Don't worry, its summer & too hot to worry about it everyday! =)

July 2, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Anonymous TerriB said...

Have wanted to try this for a long time, but wondered if it would just be another hot pink sheer on pigmented lips. What do you think? Is it more red or pink? Looks nice and red on you.

July 3, 2009 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey laura!

I agree...I hate paying shipping :-D hehe. Have you tried qvc out for Lipstick Queen? Sometimes they have killer deals that more than make up for the shipping!

July 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello justine!

Sure hun. Will do. will set up a beauty battle post soonish if that's ok?

July 6, 2009 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anonymous!

Thanks so much you're lovely :-D Yes def easy enough to swipe on cheeks and go try it :-D
works a treat!

Sounds like a very fresh Summer look :-D

LOL no you aren't as I liked the packaging too and kept it :-D hehe!

Hope you had a great holiday too and aren't too blue this Monday morning...ugh hate mondays! :-D

July 6, 2009 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jessie!

LOL sorry :-D

Aw thanks. LQ has some good buys on QVC too if you wanna haul!

Awww thanks :-D hehe. I try not to go without too often. Feel naked :-D lol!

Thanks or the great comment :-D talk soon!

July 6, 2009 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi terri!

more red for sure. pigmented lips it should be red as well. Def not hot pink :-D It's worthy of a pick up :-D

Hope this helps hun!

July 6, 2009 at 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first i was skeptical, when i read everywhere that Medieval looks good on everyone... until i tried it and was pleasantly surprised. It is the only red lipstick that has ever looked good on me! I will never let this one go!

July 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous!

yay awesome :-D it really is a universally flattering shade :-D

try some on your cheeks too!

July 14, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home