Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 30, 2009

Yay or Nay: Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation


Good morning lovies! Hope everyone is enjoying the fine weather. It's not quite Summer but it's getting warmer that's for sure.

Speaking of warm weather that sure does bring oily skin out to play doesn't it? Bare Escentuals is introducing a matte finish mineral foundation which could prove to be great news for the lovers of BE.


So Bare Escentuals Matte Mineral Foundation Yay or Nay?

Share your thoughts in the comment box and take the jump to see what I think!

Love BE do not love BE foundation. Personally I'd avoid it because BE foundation makes me itchy anyway. Secondly, I'd avoid it because a matte finish on my dry skin, not good to say the least. Even in the warmer weather when I'm having a bit of an oily skin spell I wouldn't indulge in a matte finish, just doesn't work for me at all.


How about you?

Let's here from the BE lovers, what's your take?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Kelly said...

Did the matte finish also make you itch? The bismuth is the most likely ingredient to bother you and the matte version is supposed to be bismuth free. I can't wear their foundation in warmer months because of it. I haven't tried this yet, but I am hopeful. I will be really bummed if the matte version makes me itch as well!

June 30, 2009 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

def the bismuth and talc Kelly :P

That'd be interesting if it worked but matte always tends to be unflattering on me :P I guess my skin isn't oily enough :(

June 30, 2009 at 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the matte foundation. I am 43 and have spent a lot of money trying to find the perfect makeup for my skin and this is the BEST it makes my face look great all day. The wrinkles and pores stay hidden all day long. I just hope they get it on the market soon. It isn't fair to give us samples and then when they run out we have nothing to buy. They need to get it on the market soon. I don't want to use anything else. Love the makeup, not they way they have introduced it. They should have it so you can buy it.

July 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

so glad you're loving this :-D

it'll be out shortly so it's not too long a wait..I guess they want to give people a little sneaky peek before it fully releases :-D

July 14, 2009 at 11:13 AM  
Anonymous MsBeautyBith said...

I haven't tried this product yet either, but I'm really interested to try it! The Bismuth makes me itch as well, especially in the summer when my skin sweats (making my pores open). I've heard from reviews on sephora.com that the color is slightly more orange than in the original formula, and that the staying power isn't as good. Does anyone know if this product is available anywhere other than Sephora?

July 20, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home