Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 29, 2009

Lush A Crash Course in Skincare Mask Review

The Muse has raved about Lush Skincare a plenty but she doesn't think she ever took the time out to review Lush Masks for you. Gasp! Horror! Apologies I'm unsure why their masks never came up prior to this. Forgive me?


Jump ahead to check one of my favorite masks from Lush out!

I'm actually going to admit that I avoid Lush Masks whenever possible. You might wonder why. Allow me to explain.

Lush Masks are normally sold fresh in store and are unavailable (aside from the UK) for purchase from mail order. If you're in the UK you can purchase them via mail order however those ordering from Lush US are unable to purchase them as they are shipped from Canada so by the time you get your mask it'll be into it's expiration date. Ahh...second reason I don't buy masks much...expiration date. Masks expire within a range of two, three, or four weeks. I find that I stick them in the fridge and never get around to actually using one complete pot before tossing it. I normally try to rush it along by using heaps of the mask on my face so as not to toss it out.

I've tried all the masks from Lush and I have to say as much as I adore Lush Skincare the masks aren't anything to get too excited about. My favorites are A Crash Course in Skincare, Cupcake, and Mask of Magnaminty (this one has a far longer shelf life).








After all my experiments with Lush Masks I've never really seen dramatic results which is another reason I stopped using them. By the way many of them smell absolutely awful too, gag! A Crash Course in Skincare smells decent enough with a bit of lime and avocado, sorta of green and herbal like. Not entirely pleasant as it has some sort of underlay of an unidentifiable note but not terrible either.

A Crash Course in Skincare is supposedly a deep cleansing, calming, soothing mask. It has a blend of avocados, yogurt, and clay to refreshen skin. According to Lush you'll see immediate results. Personally, it feels very nice on my skin, quite cooling after a time in my fridge, and does leave skin dewy with a faint glow but nothing that's lasting. I normally use it (if I do indulge which is rare) prior to bed and I don't really wake up with incredible, oh my god skin after use. I apply. let sit for 10-20 minutes, and wash off with cool water. Sure, my skin looks quite nice afterward but guess what? My skin always looks good after a quick rinse with cool water.

The novelty of Lush masks sure does appeal but I'd honestly rather splurge on a pack of Kanebo Super Moisturizing Masks. I see better results.

If you've ever been interested in trying Lush Masks they are worthy of a look at but don't expect miracles.

Anyone a Lush Mask fan?

Why?

Tell us your favs and how they make your skin look good!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Claire said...

Hi Muse, I'm a fellow lush junkie from the UK and I've been reading your site for ages but never commented before.
I agree with you the Lush masks aren't anything special, but I do have a soft spot for Cupcake - I have oily skin and enjoy using masks, just never seem to find the time for them. Which is why i love cupcake, it just never seems to go bad, so last for ages. Great on a student budget :)

June 30, 2009 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey claire!

yay :-D Love my fellow lushies. Thanks for taking time out to say hey today.

Naa not really. I adore cupcake too and it does last pretty long :-D agreed. I hate that I don't see results though meh. They are a nice novelty item for sure :-D

June 30, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home