Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 23, 2009

WANT IT: Fresh Rose Fresh Face Primer

Well gee I must be asleep because I didn't notice that Fresh recently introduced a new primer to their collection. I was in Atlantic City this past weekend and while at the Bluemercury Apothecary Spa I came across Fresh Rose Fresh Face Primer.


Read ahead for the deets!

This is the third release of primer from Fresh with High Noon and Twilight already a part of the collection. Although Fresh Rose Primer could easily be mistaken for Fresh Twilight at a glance and perhaps considered a dupe rest assured in texture and formula they are considerably different. I have Fresh Twilight and it's an iridescent finish that casts a highlight on cheeks and face. After swatching Fresh Rose I was quite delighted that it was simply a white, fresh smelling primer that absorbed easily without leaving behind a finish of any kind.

Where as High Noon and Twilight cast a glow to skin Rose simply lays the foundation for a fresh, dewy face that you can follow up with makeup or just enjoy au natural.

Likey!

I didn't buy it as I had already indulged too much that day at the Spa but I'm thinking it made end up in my basket shortly. It's available at Fresh's site right now if you find you're yearning for it after reading this.

Anyone a lover of Fresh primers?

Which ones?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Aisling McSweeney said...

I have a moderately sized collection of Fresh products, but I'm let down by their cosmetic pursuits. Actually, I've lost a lot of love for Fresh. I love their scents but they aren't that WOWing to justify their high price tag.

I didn't like their Twilight primer much. Clogged my pores up like it was going out of style.

June 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi crotchyfairy!

Thankfully no probs with clogged pores but $36 for such a small tube is kinda sad :( I like Twilight alot just wish it was a larger size or a smaller price tag :-D

June 23, 2009 at 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use this primer and like it for a lot of the reasons you listed -- fresh smell, can be worn on it's own, etc. I also like the fact that it's dimethicone free. It doesn't keep my oily skin at bay as long as I would like, but since primers with the dreaded "D" tend to cause some major breakouts, I'd rather have to blot at noon than spot treat several ugly zits over the next two days. =)

I agree -- the price tag for Fresh is hefty. I haven't been wowed by a lot of their new offerings either, but I've got my faves and I'm sticking to them. Love the concealer, face powder, and spf lip balm, although I (and my wallet) cry a little each time I buy them.

June 23, 2009 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous!

Sounds like you're loving it :-D

lol I don't mind the price so long as the quality is there that's for sure! Can't blame your love!

July 14, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home