Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 30, 2009

Use Your Face Cream On Your Legs: Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Creme Review

Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Creme is a moisturizing cream for sun damaged and aging skin. I have neither at the moment but I was sent this to review so of course I gave it a whirl. Burt and I are good friends and I like much of what the brand has to offer however Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Creme wasn't particularly a fabulous find for me in regards to my face!


Find out what it did work for after the jump!

Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Creme is extremely thick and quite waxy and greasy formula wise. Even my dry skin which normally sucks up any and all moisture it can get wasn't too happy with this facial cream. I was quite excited when I first unscrewed the lid because I'm normally about diving into to thick creams especially ones for my face. But I did have to take into consideration it's warmer right now and I wasn't in need of such a highly moisturizing facial cream. I decided I'd try this as a night cream but turns out it's far to rich to even use as a night cream. Hmmmm...what a terrible waste!

Good news is that Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Creme isn't particularly forgiving on my face but my rough elbows, knees, and jagged cuticles absolutely adore it. The cream is extra rich and moisturizing for my knees and elbows and it leaves behind a rather nice dewy, sheen on my legs. At $9.99-$14.99 in price for a rather nice size it's well worth picking up for smoothing over rough skin areas such as cracked heels or feet for a quickie foot treatment, elbows, legs, and knees to whisk away dry skin and also great for moisturizing cuticles.




Even though it wasn't working on my face, Burt's Bees Carrot Nutritive Day Creme multitasked amazingly well as a great general moisturizer for special spots on my body plus it's price tag and the small amount I had to use on rough areas made it a worthy beauty on a budget find.






Likey! Not a great facial cream but a rather wonderful rough area moisturizing treatment! I guess sometimes we have to find creatives uses for the things that don't work for us and this definitely works well as a body moisturizer!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Bonnie said...

Hi Muse! I had to say that I have been using Burt's Bees Charcoal cleanser for about 5 days now and it is amazing. I really think it will be my main cleanser now. My oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin is totally clean, my skin is super-soft, and my acne already seems to have diminished. I had tried BB's Tomato cleanser a while back and was not impressed, but I'm so glad I gave this one a whirl!

June 30, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Bonnie said...

Actually Muse, I don't know where I got 'Charcoal' from. The cleanser is really Soap Bark and Chamomile.

July 1, 2009 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

bonnie sounds rather fab!!!! :-D I'm trying to recall if I tried this. I remember trying one of their cleansers a month or so ago but not really following up with it I wonder if it was the one you're talking about :-D

Must go look through the stash!

July 1, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home