Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 30, 2009

Beauty Muse: Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil


Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil is pretty incredible stuff and one of my favorite ways to remove makeup. Can you improve on a perfect product like this?

Beauty Muse Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil with me today and tell me how you'd make it better if you could.

Is it already perfect for you?

Would you change the packaging?

Would you want a new, improved formula for your skin type?

Some sort of scented cleansing oil?

What ways would you take it and make it better?

Click ahead to see my Beauty Muse for Shu Cleansing Oil!


Being one of the few cleansing oils available on the market in the US, Shu Cleansing Oil is as perfect as perfect can be. Removes makeup (even waterproof mascara) in one swipe, makes skin smooth and moisturized, plus has plenty of added perks and benefits with use over time.

Seems the ideal product and not much to change about it.

As for me I would change the price ever so lightly. Although a large bottle lasts me for close to 8 months to a year, the price remains sometimes a bit too high. A 5oz size will run you $32 and the light larger 15oz will set you back $72.

I can get a 32 oz Philosophy Purity on QVC for under $30 bucks.

You see my point?

As fantastic as Shu Uemura Cleansing Oils are the price needs a little work. That's how I'd improve it.

How about you?

Is it perfect as is?

Needs some tweaking?

Tell it!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bk377 said...

I love cleansing oil, and have been using it as my main make-up remover and cleanser at night for 3 years now. Sadly I don't get on with the Shu ones at all. I've tried 3 different variations and they all leave me with tiny white heads after using for a couple of days. I make sure to rinse properly and use a 2nd step cleanser but the mineral oil in it just clogs me up and breaks me out!

Happily, I've discovered DHC cleansing oil which has become my personal HG oil cleanser, and I love the cheerful green tint in my bathroom. I appreciate the fact that it's 100% Olive oil with nothing else in the mix.

I wish I could use the Shu oil, just so I could collect the cute limited edition graphic bottles they come out with every year. I was debating just buying one for the bottle and refilling with my DHC, but it's too expensive to do that and be left with 250ml of oil I can't use!

June 30, 2009 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

interesting bora white heads you say!?

LOl yes that's what I've been known to do with these myself. I reuse the bottle and refill but yes it's way to costly to refill with your own DHC oil :P

I don't particularly love DHC but I do like the Kao Biore version and also a few from Kose and Kanebo but they aren't as readily available here sadly. Within the US the cleansing oil craze really hasn't hit. Shu is probably one of a few that has a cleansing oil. Shu, DHC, and also mac has one which is decent enough. So it's not a hearty selection as one would find in Asia :(

July 1, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home