Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 7, 2009

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer Review

Concealer. You want it to last. You want it to cover your flaws. You want it to wear in the rain, the snow, the humidity, and during that crazy underground rave you're going to on Saturday night (wanna come with? What? I've haven't realized I'm over 30 yet!).

You want your concealer to perform miracles all while smiling and telling you how pretty you look. It's not too much to ask for a miracle is it?

MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer does that. Well, maybe not the pretty part.


MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer is one of those icky, yucky, sticky, difficult as a biatch to blend formulas that we all run across in a very rare blue moon and end up hating. But it's this exact formula that gets you through the snow, the rain, the sleet, the heat, and the rave and maybe army training too!




Housed in a paint pot style jar this concealer falls into the industrial concealer range. It's pigmented enough to cover up virtually all problems and has a formula that's wears well in extreme conditions. The texture is a tad sticky and it's difficult as all hell to blend but once it's in place it pretty much lasts a good solid 10 hours without touch ups in between. I love it.

For the most part it doesn't fade, it doesn't crease, it doesn't cake under older, drier eyes (like mine) and it pretty much stays exactly where you put it. I think part of it's appeal is the strange formula. I do admit that it's not as pigmented as some concealers I've tried but it's pigmented enough to hide dark circles with a heavy layer, fine lines, and puffy eyes. It just works and I think that's what makes it such a fond favorite. It also deserves to be mentioned it's one of the few concealers I can pat and have it look natural. Most concealers I need to rub in but this pats into place very well and looks beautifully flawless.




I really like this concealer. Mind you it's not my HG in any form but it's greatness cannot be overlooked nor it's wonderful price tag.

Loves it. Approves it for purchase. Try it, it could become your HG concealer of choice.



How about you?

Love MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer?

Not so much?

Tell it below!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger B.E.I. said...

Thanks for the review! That made me want to try this... But I am also wondering what is your HG concealer? :)

May 8, 2009 at 2:15 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi bei!

It's quite good and worth heading to counter to have them apply a bit and see what you think!

I really haven't found the perfect concealer yet but I do love two that I use daily and rec. Bobbi Brown Concealer Palette and Mally Concealer System. I have reviews of both if you search :-D

May 8, 2009 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger kirkichi said...

I have yet to try this, but I'm having great success with the foundation! It actually suits my skin tone! When I run out of my current concealer I'll probably give this one a go.

P.S. MEMEME now do a posietint dupe called poppy tint and it's selling out everywhere! I swatched it and it was pretty good. Didn't manage to get a pic, but I will try for you this weekend if you like?

May 8, 2009 at 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Marina said...

hi, Muse:)
thank you for review! now I want to try it,too because I never did before.and I LOVE your style;)it's a pleasure to read your review, they make me smile:)

May 8, 2009 at 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what do you think of the studio finish concealer? which is better, studio finish concealer or studio sculpt?

May 9, 2009 at 5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muse, I realize you don't suffer from acne/red marks, but would you recommend any particular concealer for these in particular? I actually tried out MAC Studio Sculpt pretty recently and while I liked the texture (oddly enough!), it didn't seem pigmented enough to cover my moderate acne and seemed way too emollient, which is terrible if your skin produces way too much oil to begin with. I've been using MAC's other potted concealer for years, but only because I don't know what to switch to - that stuff is chalky and does NOT blend at all, so I really need to switch.

Do you have any recommendations? I agree that this MAC concealer would be great on under-eye circles, but it just doesn't seem appropriate for acne hyperpigmentation, which sucks because the price is very reasonable.

May 10, 2009 at 4:43 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi kirsty!

I'm liking the sculpt foundation myself. This is quite nice but be careful during application it can be a tad drying.

I KNOW! I've been trying to hunt down pics of it :) and have someone looking for it. WANT!

I'd love a pic please thanks :-D

May 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Marina

my pleasure. aw thanks glad you enjoy my reviews, that means alot to me!

May 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous!

I haven't tried studio finish concealer sorry :(

May 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous.

I wouldn't rec this for your face hun. It's a tad difficult to blend and the texture is hard. I'd go with something else for your facial concealer.

hmmm you can always head to counter and see if they can do a little spot treatment and see what you think.

I'd be terrible to ask what to rec as I don't use concealer to concealer acne/etc....when I do have a pimple I don't bother covering it up.

I wish I had a good rec for you hun. I'm sorry :( Do check out MUA as I'm positive someone has the same type of skin and can recommend something better than I could.

Good luck!

May 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger kirkichi said...

I'll go get a swatch for you tomorrow :)

If either of my Superdrugs still have any in stock I'll definitely nab one for you!

May 12, 2009 at 3:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yay looking forward to it sounds awesome :-D

THanks!

May 12, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home