Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 14, 2009

blinc Mascara Review

You know you're a makeup junkie when you get terribly excited about mascara that comes in a tin tube! Doesn't that just get your blood pumping? Or maybe that's only my insanity but I'd like to think I'm not the only one around that runs around in circles when she sees interesting packaging concepts (if you don't get excited just lie and say you do to make me feel better about it!).

blinc Mascara comes in this rather cute little tin with a screw top! Rather cute packaging for a mascara. Of course this isn't the actual mascara it's just the outer packaging doh!








Click it for the review!

blinc Mascara is probably the first "tube" mascara I ever used and if I think about it's possibly the first of it's kind on the market prior the the "tube" craze that hit the mascara market by storm earlier this year.


blinc Mascara gives both volume, length, and a natural look that lasts all day. As with most tube mascara it wraps each lash in a gentle formula that's waterproof but manages to wash away simply with warm water and a bit of cleanser. It doesn't fade, it doesn't fake or cake or flake, and most importantly it doesn't give you the look of a raccoon.




Pretty much anyone can use blinc mascara as it's non irritating formula is gentle even for those with sensitive eyes or contact lens wearers.

The overall effect of the mascara isn't very dramatic but it does perform decently and creates a nice, soft longer lash look, it's a very natural look. Anyone who likes tube mascara would definitely enjoy this one.


(apologies for the blurry picture)


Who might like it?
  • Anyone who likes tube mascaras!
  • Those who want their mascara to remain on all day but come off easily at the end of a long day.
  • Anyone who likes fuller lashes with a more natural, softer look.

blinc Mascara is available at www.blincinc.com

Anyone try?

Love it?

Share your thoughts on blinc Mascara!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous suzeya said...

hey i follow ur blog and twitter. do u live in nyc? i'm going to the makeup show this weekend... saw on ur twitter something about a chippy sandwich in manhatten.

anyhoo love the blog, everything about it, the layout and design all the cute customized-ness of it. i wish i was savvy enough to design my own.

i love blinc mascara cuz i am korean and i have no lashes. other mascaras work better in terms of length and volume but this one works well for holding a curl as well as NEVER SMUDGING. i have greasy lids and every other mascara slips off. or is impossible to remove 100% (always have residue next day). finally, it works well cuz my lashes are sparse and break/disappear after wearing mascara. so i stopped wearing mascara completely except for this one on occasion. and the removal is perfect. comes completely off with just water and slight rubbing.

May 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does this compare to that L'oreal Double extend? Thanks for the review!

May 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger bk377 said...

I used Blinc Kiss Me mascara solidly for 2 years as a top coat to seal my other mascaras back in the day when I used to suffer from serious smudging. It was the 2nd tube mascara which was available in the UK (the 1st being Kanebo 38degree mascara which I also loved) and I raved about it to anyone who listened. The packaging's improved a lot, how cute is that tin? I remember the primer being a bunch of cr*p though.

May 14, 2009 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi suzeya

Thanks for following me :-D I do indeed live in New York just not NYC. About 20 mins outside of.

Yup, that was me twittering away about my chip butty :D hehe!

thank you so so much! I'm so glad you like my blog *hugs*


I hear that tube mascara works best on stubbier lashes :D I'm so glad this works for you! I think tube mascaras are rather nifty as they stay all day and wash away easy as 1, 2, 3 :D Loves it!

Thanks for the comment and again for reading my blog!

May 15, 2009 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

this is a more natural look. I think the L'Oreal gives a bit more drama...it extends lashes more too and makes them fuller.

hope this helps!

May 15, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey bora!

omg don't say that LOL I love the primer :-D The mascara is quite good I love how lasts all day and manages to wash clean away with a few strokes...that's a plus!

May 15, 2009 at 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
I've been wondering, is this the same as the Japanese version (heroine make) of Kiss me mascara? if it is not, what is the difference between them?
also, what is the difference between tube mascara and fiber mascara?

thanks a lot ~!
and thanks so much for all these great reviews all the time~! :3

May 15, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home