Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 22, 2009

Yay or Nay: Victoria's Secret Cosmetics


The Muse is for the most part a supporting fan of Victoria's Secret Cosmetics. She's wondering what you think of their cosmetic line up?


Is Victoria's Secret a Yay or Nay for you?

Find out what I think after the jump!

I generally like almost all of the Limited Edition Collections that Victoria's Secret puts out. Most of the regular catalog items aren't particularly wonderful but they seem to go the extra mile with LE products. Most LE items are pretty special packaging wise and quality wise. Which is why I always pick up the LE items.

So my answer? Yay and Nay for this Muse!

Nay on the regular boring line up...not so great packaging wise, not really pigmented enough to oh and ah over, and just nothing special to get hyped about. A bit expensive too for the quality you get.



Yay on the LE items! Def special! Color payoff is normally quite good, packaging is unique and pretty, and quality is generally quite good.



How about you?

Yay or Nay or both?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous bluematilda said...

i really like the vs clickie pen lip gloss, very sparkly/shimmery...they remind me of the ysl clickie pen...

April 22, 2009 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I've never tried their makeup but I do sometimes like their perfume and cologne.

April 22, 2009 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi diana!

Ooo that's when the pretty pink and silver packaging was in style :-D I hate the black compacts now le sigh!

That's always a big deal for me too, good CS always gets my money ;-D

I think you'll be quite delighted with some of their LE items!

April 22, 2009 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love VS makeup, especially when they're on sale! I haven't tried their LE yet but some of the regular items I can't live without. Their lip glosses are really good, cheaper and sometimes better than MAC.

April 22, 2009 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger GirlAboutTown said...

your layout is fantastic!! i've always been so much in love with VS cosmetics...hmmm i've been using them for years now and my fav are their beauty rush shadows...they go on in the morning and at night, even without a primer, i still find that it's stayed on well. with dancing and sweating! lol...i guess im a little of a fanatic ;D

April 22, 2009 at 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Bonnie said...

Haven't tried the makeup, but their body lotions are to die for!

April 22, 2009 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi dao

i love it too especially on sale hehe! :D i dig the le stuff alot more than the regular catalog stuff but I do admit many of the items are pretty darn good for the price :-D

April 22, 2009 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yes blue!

Exactly :-D very YSL-like!

April 22, 2009 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

me too dd :-D I like their body sprays alot!

April 22, 2009 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks girlabouttown appreciate it :D!

they really are good! and cheap to boot!

April 22, 2009 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger Krasey Beauty said...

I am going to go with nay on this one. I feel like they copy off of other higher end brands that I know and love. Those brilliant lip shines look like a knock off of ysl gloss.

I don't have much love for vs anyway, they don't make my unique size. Booo to them I say! Nay Nay!

April 22, 2009 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

amen bonnie!

Love the body sprays, lotions etc!

April 23, 2009 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

he adina!

true true very ysl dupe-a-licious :-D

I still love their LE items though *blush*

April 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home