Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 9, 2009

Sneak Peek: MAC Double Dazzle Review, Swatches, and Photos

Oh MAC how you please me to no end sometimes! Just when the Muse thinks her addiction is under control you throw incredible collections at her like your new Double Dazzle.




Last year the Muse couldn't get enough of MAC Dazzleglass and this year she'll be doubling her pleasure with 18 shades! Oh my gods I'm going to be broke as smoke after this haul! The Muse is just happy that some of the shades are repromote that saves some money right?

Today I'll be bringing you a little sneaky peek of MAC Double Dazzle in a few shades. The official release is April 30th but if we are lucky maybe it'll make a special early appearance? One can hope!

From what I understand some shades are LE but some will remain permanent. Fabulous if you're saving a bit of money at the moment and wish to indulge at a later date plus I think Dazzleglass deserves it's all little special spot amongst the rest of our MAC favorites.

Shades being released are:

  • Sugarrimmed Milky pale pink with red, teal and white pearl
  • Goldyrocks Sheer soft yellow with pink and gold pearl
  • Moth to Flame Sheer neutral beige with violet pearl
  • Smile Light coral with pink and gold pearl
  • Steppin’ Out Clean yellow pink with red pearl
  • Utterly Posh Mid-tone orange with pink and gold pearl
  • Love Alert Raspberry red with red pearl
  • Date Night Deep plum with blue and gold pearl
  • Funtablulous Purple with violet pearl
  • Extra Amps Sheer bright blue pink with blue and pink pearl
  • Like Venus Clean light bubble gum pink with red pearl
  • Stop! Look! Sheer violet mauve with blue and pink pearl
  • Money Honey Mid-tone rosy mauve with red pearl
  • Rags to Riches Plummy pink with teal and red pearl
  • Baby Sparks Pale pink with violet pearl
  • Bare Necessity Caramel apricot with red and gold pearl
  • Girl’s Delight Sheer mid-tone tan with gold pearl
  • Get Rich Quick Warm yellow brown

You'll notice some repromotes above which is great if you missed them the first time around!

I tried out Utterly Posh, Moth to Flame, and Stop! Look! all of which were as fantastic in formula as the previous release although for some reason they looked like they had a whole heck of alot more dazzle but that could be my imagination.

I took some quickie pictures this morning of myself wearing Utterly Posh and Moth to Flame, I'll try to get an FOTD posted soon with Stop! Look!


Utterly Posh is my new best friend as it's a lovely little peach shade that's ideal for Summer! Stop! Look! is a violet mauve with enough pink to make it perfectly wearable. And finally Moth to Flame is a very natural sheer beige that more sparkle than color but regardless still lovely! I actually applied a bit of Moth to Flame and some Utterly Posh on top for double the dazzle w00t!

I took some quickie pictures this morning of myself wearing Utterly Posh and Moth to Flame, I'll try to get an FOTD posted soon with Stop! Look!






































By now you've probably realized I'm totally Muse Approving these for purchase! I loved 'em last time and I'm loving 'em this time. MAC Double Dazzle is a welcome collection for this Muse and I'm excited to see them return full force!



Get more DazzleGlass by peeping at last year's full on review!

Likey so very much!

How about you?

Dazzleglass fan?

Hauling Double Dazzle?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Krasey Beauty said...

You know I got me some dazzle today. I will have a review and swatches up very soon ;)

April 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, it's so great to get to see these Dazzleglasses (& the other cosmetics you review) from so many different views! Man, that takes a lot of work, and it helps a lot. I really appreciate it - thanks!

Second, I'm a Dazzleglass crazy who bought the entire line the first time (so what if I was a little late on rent? It's DAZZLEGLASS!)and now I just cannot stand the wait for the new releases & the chance to re-stock some of my originals. (I wish they'd included "Ms. Fizz" & "Pleasure Principle" this time, though!)

April 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger bk377 said...

I can't WAIT for this collection, the MAC collection where I shall splurge. I love everything about Dazzleglasses from the finish, to the applicator brush. Everyone needs some dazzle.

April 9, 2009 at 9:51 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

utterly posh looks fab on you!! damnit I was trying not to be tempted! I indulged in one today since I didnt bother when it was released before. I got money honey! excited to use it!

April 9, 2009 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

I can't wait to get my greedy little hands on these! I love Dazzleglasses and can't wait to check out the new ones. I'd list what I plan on getting but I'm kind of embarrased by how many there are that I want. I know I definetly want to get a stock on Sugarrimmed. Its my fave!

April 10, 2009 at 1:50 AM  
Blogger DaisyChain said...

I wish I could get on with the texture of dazzle glass, but sadly, it just irritates me.

April 11, 2009 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey girl!

yayayay :-D but late replying but super. I'm loving all the cool new shades!

April 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi cartmanette!

Aw my pleasure thanks so much for the great comment hun!

LOL good on you! DG is awesome I can't help but purchase a ton of them too! I loved Miss Fizz the first time around, couldn't agree more that would have been a def second purchase for me :-D!

But quite happy with the brand new shades as they are gorg!

Thanks for the great comment hun!

April 14, 2009 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey bora!

Isn't it great?! amen! couldn't say it better myself we all need a bit of dazzle and glittery bits :-D

April 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sher!

thanks hun!!!!!!! :-D Good one, money honey is such a fab shade :D!

April 14, 2009 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jackie
LOL don't be embarressed we are all junkies here and support your addiction :-D

Sugarimmed is gorg! I love it.

April 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey lovie!

How are you!??!

It's understandable I know some people hated how the glitter stuck to their lips way after the gloss was gone :P

I simply love it. Glitter and all! hehe!

April 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home