Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 8, 2009

Beauty Muse: Take Urban Decay Primer Potion and Make It Better

Wanna muse improvements for Urban Decay Primer Potion with me?

How can you possibly take something as awesome and incredible as Urban Decay Primer Potion and make it better? Not possible!


But yes, I'm sure we are all in agreement we can def do a better job of UDPP. Not so long ago I almost lost a finger or two trying to cut open my bottle of Urban Decay Primer Potion. Can't recall? Jump for the details!

I was quite pleased with the amount of UDPP that was stuck up in the neck of the bottle after splitting mine open. Oh how sad is it we all toss our bottles out and inside is tons and tons of primer still stuck in the the bottle. Sigh! After I hacked into my bottle I transferred all that beautiful primer to a small sample jar but turns out, for some odd reason, the primer isn't nearly as good once it's out of the bottle. The texture becomes a bit dry and actually loses it's ability to hold shadow in place as once the open air hits it and it lays in the jar a while it just suffers through some sort of transformation. Or at least that happened to me.

So how in the world can we make UDPP better?

New packaging that's how! I wouldn't love a tube like Too Faced Shadow Insurance but I'd love a straight line bottle with the same sponge applicator so I can get all the goodness out without having the struggle with the sexy curved bottle the primer currently sports!

How about you?

Go on! The Muse knows you'd love a new style packaging for our old favorite!

Tell me how you'd make it better!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

Shu Uemura's lipgloss comes with a STRAIGHT sponge applicator which I find really cool because it sweeps the sides clean! Perhaps a straight bottle could work if the applicator's straight too.

I wonder how a Stila lipglaze style pen would work?

April 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

New packaging would be fabulous!
Clear bottle would be neat, a pot like a MAC paint pot would be cool, just something other than the sucky must saw in half package.

April 8, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Robyn @ Purely Cosmetics said...

I did a post on depotting UDPP - I found that the jar I put it in (there's a pic on the blog post) and applying with a concealer brush instead works WAY BETTER!

April 8, 2009 at 1:55 PM  
Blogger bk377 said...

I would love a tube bottle like Too Faced Shadow Insurance, as I love the fine precision tip which means I don't waste any product. I would also love a darker shade for darker skin tones.

Re: the remaining depotted remains drying out, I have done Enkoremake-up's tip of transferring the remains into a couple of empty twist lipgloss pens (like the Stila Lipglaze ones) which keeps the product from drying out and dispenses onto a nifty brush, good for application.

April 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh connie I love the idea of a click style pen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

April 9, 2009 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

dd love the idea of a clear bottle! that'd be awesome :-0D

April 9, 2009 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

ooo awesome post robyn :-D

Thanks hun!

April 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey bora!

interesting where did you get the twist pens?!?! :-D!!!!!!!!

April 9, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home