Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 23, 2009

Stash Spotlight: Shu Uemura Blush


Do you realize that I used to have over 25 Shu Uemura Blushes? It was a disease I believe, that's the only thing I could think of that would cause me to collect so many.

I started out my collection years ago but I've since swapped many of the blushes away when I started collecting NARS. I'm unsure why because I do think that Shu might top NARS very slightly in the blush category! But indeed, I use to have a fair few.

Today I'm proud to say I only have six. Phew. Jump ahead to spy my small stash of Shu blushes!


With names like P Red D32 you're sure to completely forget what color is your favorite. This could be one reason I stopped purchasing Shu blushes, the bloody number and letter system confused this Muse. The blushes are all majorly pigmented so for those who prefer alot of pop with their blush you'll find Shu makes some of the best around. They have quite an extensive catalog of colors so there is definitely a little something for everyone.




As I look at these I remember what fond favorites they were and are. I think I'll take advantage during the next FF sale and indulge in a few shades I swapped away...the Muse misses them and feels a bit nostalgic.


What about you?

Lover of Shu?

Leaver?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i <3 shu blushers too!!! the quality is so good. i only have 2 then started to collect nars as well. there's just something about NARS. i just hate Shu's packaging. i'm not sure what the new ones are like now but when i used to have the old packaging - they were really fragile. if they get thrown around the drawer a bit they are sure to break.

March 23, 2009 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger bk377 said...

I have four Shu blushes, 16 Shu e/s and refuse to buy more for fear of waking the slumbering collecting beast within. I think I actually have 4 from your collection of 6 above but I depotted and didn't keep the cases so am not completely sure of the shade numbers. I agree thought that they're BEAUTIFUL and good quality.

March 23, 2009 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lyn!

I dunno what it is about NARS but I'm an addict. I actually like shu's packaging it's nice and compact, easy to store but I do understand the dislike as it could be considered a bit cheesy looking but I like it's simplicity :) NARS I hate the packaging as it gets all smudgey and glittery when handled too mny times and even sticky for that matter :(

I used to have the older ones as well and I agree they were terribly fragile, I broke a fair few!!!!!!!

March 24, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi bora :-D is it ok to not call you beauty bitch here? hehe :-D

LOL I hear you!!!!!! Shu shadows are especially addicting as they are so compact an easy to stoe and such a VAST amount of shades! ugh!

The entire line is truly awesome! I think my slumbering beast is about to rise if I can keep thinking about it lol!

March 24, 2009 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger makeupmag said...

For me, 19D = a much loved red blush. :)

March 24, 2009 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh yes mags! :-D

March 24, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have it in M Peach 44 and i love it! The quality is very good..Hmmm actually I prefer NARS blushes compared to shu mainly because of the packaging. Shu's packaging is very very flimsy and I'm always afraid that the hinges will fall off. :S Also, NARS does excellent shimmery blushes :)

March 24, 2009 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Aretha

NARS I adore but I hate the packaging as the rubber gets sticky :P and glitter gets all over it yak!

but I agree they make incredible shimmer blushes :) LOVE!

March 24, 2009 at 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse I also do agree with you that NARS looks a bit unappealing once it gets dirty. i put all my make up in my drawer and once it picks up on anything that's it - the rubber packaging looks like you've had it for a year already. i tried wiping with dry tissue and it seemed to pick that up as well :P

anyway thanks to your post i finally used my shu blush today P Red 19D btw! it was good rekindling my love with it.

March 24, 2009 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lyn!

ugh isn't it terrible? :( and I totally agree even wiping with a tissue makes the tissue lint stick on the palette ugh so gross!

hehe I was rekindling my love this week too, wore shu blush all week ;D

March 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home