Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 23, 2009

MAC SugarSweet Collection: Dear Cupcake and Red Velvet


I was working from home Friday since I purchased a TV and was waiting on it to be delivered so I didn't really put much effort into my FOTD. I ended up fiddling around a bit with MAC Eyeshadow in Dear Cupcake and MAC Shadestick in Red Velvet for my look below. I really like how well these work together to create a nice popping pink look! I liked the look so much I didn't bother removing it for when I went out later that night as it wore amazingly well all evening without creasing or fading up. Great shade combo.

Check below for the look I created using both!

I used a quickie swipe of MAC Shadestick in Red Velvet and MAC Eyeshadow in Dear Cupcake on top. The Shadestick allowed the eyeshadow to last ll day and also made it a more intense color of pink! Quite nice. I used a simple shimmering white on my highbrow to highlight the whole look. It's not really anything special as I rushed a fair bit while doing it but I must say Dear Cupcake goes so very well when combo'ed with Red Velvet!




Likey!

Did you pick up either?

Loving 'em?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I think it looks really pretty. I think I need to go back and check out the shadesticks because Aileen of Shades Of U says the formula is much improved from the original.

Personally, I think Dear Cupcake and Red Velvet look nice on you ;) I'd heard complaints that Dear Cupcake was chalky, but I haven't tried it out.

March 23, 2009 at 3:38 PM  
Blogger delete this said...

Looks so pretty on - I don't think I can pull off redish e/s with my skin tone, makes me look sick lol

March 23, 2009 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi dd!

It is! The old ones are hard but these are nice and creamy :-D

thanks hun! I haven't tried dear cupcake on it's own but I can probably see it being a tad chalky! But paired with a shadestick it's divine :-D

March 23, 2009 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks j!

It depends...I think it makes me look a little tired but I couldn't resist all the pink :-D

March 23, 2009 at 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love this! Red velvet and dear cupcake look gorgeous on you! I got the lemon chiffon which is nice b/c it makes everything brighter on top of it.

What are you wearing on your lips? It is such a beautiful pink.

March 23, 2009 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi amy!

thanks :-D You're too kind *hugs*

I liked the Lemon Chiffon too! It does make everything look brighter especially golds and creams and such!

Ummm name escapes me at the moment but it's a creamsheen! Will post back with the name :-D

March 23, 2009 at 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well well you look very very pretty !!

i must say i'm jealous !!! ;)


yes more hours would be an very good thing !

i also think i'm a bit sick or something.. im soooo tired it's not nice anymore ;)

i got from the HK
a tinted lip conditioner 2 blush 2 beautypowder 1 nail laquer 1 lipgloss :P haha..

Big Hug..

PS nice new layout !!!

March 23, 2009 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger Lawyer Korea said...

You don't look tired at all! So purtty!!! :)

March 24, 2009 at 3:32 AM  
Blogger makeupmag said...

Hehe, love your new avvie! Are those sakuras?

You need to post more EOTDS. You have such pretty eyes. :)

March 24, 2009 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi nadia!

thanks hun! you're too too kind :-D

Lord I need more that's for sure LOL!

Aw it's prob the weather...the change of seasons sometimes drowns me out...the time change, change of weather etc...always equals exhausted Muse :-D

Oh nice haul! I got a TLC too and lurve it :-D

Glad you hauled UK it had a few nice items in it that's for sure!

Hugs!

thanks glad you like the new layout :-D

March 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Sunkyung Shin!

Aw shucks thanks hun :-D *blush*

March 24, 2009 at 1:40 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello mags!

thanks darling they are indeed...perfect Spring flower :D

aw thanks mags *hugs* I'll try to do more!

March 24, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home