Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 23, 2009

Sephora Brand Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner

The Muse has a deep, affectionate relationship with MAC Technakohl.


It's possibly one of my favorite pencils from MAC and works like such a dream. But, ado, everything is not always perfect in Technakohl land.

Is it me or does it irritate the population terribly that Technakohl wears down so quickly? I actually find the product useless once it's worn down to a stubby little smidgelet of a pencil. The sharp even edge that I loved so much is worn down within three or four uses and basically after that I only get proper use out of my Technakohl by using it on my waterline as it no longer has that sharp, precise tip that I so dearly loved lining my upper lash line with!

All in agreement say I!

But of COURSE the Muse was fairly excited to see the Sephora Brand Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner for $12 USD...ooooo cheaper than Technakohl...but guess what else?

Not only is the design pretty much the same but the dreamy, creamy formula looks the same too but guess what else!?

A built-in sharpener to keep your pencil tip extra sharp and crisp for lining and defining for months to come! Ahhh blessed relief. Question remains is the formula just as good as MAC Tecnakohl? If so, count the Muse happy that someone finally figured out a sharpener was in order!


Oh by the way....how about a smudge tip too? Sephora thought of it all with this one kids!

Loves it!

Good on ya Sephora! MAC failed to remember it but you didn't!

Yay or Nay?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it possible to use a regular sharpener to sharpen the points of technakohls?

February 23, 2009 at 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I!

February 24, 2009 at 2:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

I doubt it as that would probably crush it as it's a tiny pencil head and most sharpeners are for standard size pencils. This has a tiny size sharpener.

February 24, 2009 at 9:25 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey nell

think whatever you said got booted before you typed it fully hehe!

February 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said: all in agreement say I, so I said "I", lol ;) But in all seriousness, these pencils look great!

February 24, 2009 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL nell DUH!

:)

sorry 'bout that :-D

February 24, 2009 at 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Avon representative (who started me on selling Avon mostly to myself in November) was doing a make-over on me and trying to teach me a few of her tricks since my mom is as anti-makeup as they get (she refuses to sit down and learn from me) and therefore my rep thought that I did not know a whole lot but I do even though I do not really wear makeup yet buy it frequently. What she did was take a tissue after she applied my eyeliner and rolled the point back to its original shape on the tissue so it would apply like when it first was used (it looks like the Sephora brand one above). I have not tried it yet as I am still struggling to try to convince myself that I am worth spending time on myself but if the trick does not work then you can completely ignore my comment.

February 24, 2009 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi staines!

That sounds interesting! I should try that with my stubby mac technakohl!!!!!!

I'm gonna try it and let ya know how it works :-D

thanks hun!

February 26, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this new layout btw.

March 22, 2009 at 2:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks stanies!

March 23, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very welcome!

March 23, 2009 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

:-D

March 23, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home