Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 19, 2009

New Base Makeup from Excel

Excel has updated it's catalog with a new base makeup for Spring 2009!


Is it me or did Excel grow up suddenly? It's now featured as an elegant brand where before I got more of a cheap vibe from it. Hmm maybe it's just me!

Two new items are featured for the base makeup line up which are a pressed powder and a concealer. The pressed powder contains SPF 32 which is a rather nice number for powder. The items are 1,600 and 2,200 yen respectively with refills for the compact at a nice price of 1,500 yen. Although these current sums convert like absolute rubbish to USD the actually beauty budget would being able to purchase in yen ;)



I doubt I'll indulge as I'm really concealer'ed out at this point (way too many concealer reviews from this Muse lately!) and I'm still mourning Raycious to indulge in any new Japanese powders but it does look like a nice line up of items.

As we near the end of the month and start in on March I'm sure we'll see more and more Japanese brands that will begin updating their base makeup line. I look forward to seeing what Lunasol and a few other brands have in store for us.

related posts

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger the Muse said...

noooo? nooo what anonymous!?

February 20, 2009 at 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I buy this~

February 20, 2009 at 12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, this is interesting!!! i am on the look out for another concealer for my brown spots... MUFE Full Cover is not doing its job properly for me these days...

February 20, 2009 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sasa it's available in Japan only at the moment :)

if you don't mind paying higher prices you can check my japanese buying guide for some online shops that sell the excel line :-D

February 20, 2009 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jojoba!

did you see my review on hello flawless from benefit?!

That's SUPER pigmented you might want to try it out!

February 20, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home