Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 17, 2009

In the Muse's Purse: Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm


The Muse likes the bees.

She thinks their kinda cute with there fuzzy little butts and yellow and black coat. Be serious...when you see one of those big old yellow bumble bees floating around a flower dontcha just want to pet him? He's all fuzzy and hairy and cutes! But of course chances are he'll stick you with his stinger given half the chance so best not go around petting bees.


You know you can love the bees just for the simple fact that they make beeswax for us! Beeswax is a natural wax made by those fuzzy little bees in the cell walls of the honeycombs. This natural emulsifier is used in cosmetics...and happens to be a main ingredient for one of the items in The Muse's Purse, Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm!

The Muse appears to be partial to lip balms in a tin even though she's terribly anal about germs and bacteria but she can't resist the cute yellow tin of Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm that she totes around with her daily (no worries it comes in a tube too if you prefer!).



This natural lip balm moisturizes my lips and keeps them from drying out with a cool minty taste and plenty of emollient ingredients like lanolin, coconut oil, and sunflower oil all of which seal in hydration thanks to those bees that made the beeswax base! Thanks guys I knew you were around for a good reason, buzz buzz!

$3 USD can't break your bank...The Muse highly suggest nabbing one to keep the even chapped lips at bay.

One of my very fav balms!

Visit with Burt and his bees at www.burtsbees.com


Image Credit


related posts

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I love Burts Bees. I love their lip balm, I love their lip shimmers, I LOVE their radiance line.

February 17, 2009 at 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw the bees, I love your fuzzy butt, more!

Actually even better than Burt's Bees (for about the same price) is Wholefoods brand lipbalm. The texture is less waxy and more emollient. It comes in three flavors: tangerine, honey-vanilla and mint. Try it out; you'll love it.

February 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

me too dd! :) all their stuff is awesome!

February 18, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

omg no one is supposed to know about my fuzzy butt...damn you mandy! give away my personal deets that way! All you've seen my fuzzy little butt ;-D


oooo I don't shop Wholefoods :P I'm a trader joe gal :)

heehee but I go anyway and I look and I buy because you rec it :)

February 18, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home