Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 16, 2009

The Body Shop Moroccan Rose Roseflower Lips Review, Swatches, Photos, and FOTD

The Muse was feeling every so hopeful that the new Body Shop RoseFlower Lips would turn out as good as they looked in the promo pictures. Although for the most part it was the Roseflower Blush that called my name, I do so admit that the lippes were equally as beautiful.




Turns out they are beautiful and have a super fab formula to go along with 'em too!

Read ahead to find out all about them!

I'm pretty impressed overall with The Body Shop Moroccan Rose Spring Collection. In particular I thought that The Body Shop paid special attention to packaging this year which didn't go unnoticed by this Muse, whom happens to be a packaging junkie. The new RoseFlower lipsticks come housed in a crystal clear tube which for the most part isn't anything too special however wrapped around the inside tube is a gorgeous pink overlay with pretty little rose flower emblems that totally tickled this Muse.




Aside from the uber pretty packaging the lipsticks themselves are truly a rather great find. I tried out two of the three shades and both were very pretty and flattering for the Spring weather. The formula is nicely moisturizing and leaves behind a shiny, glossy pigmented pout. As advertised the lipsticks contain organic beeswax and marula oil which repair the skin's natural moisture barrier. In keeping with it's rose theme the lipsticks taste and smell like a delicate rose which adds a certain charm to the overall lipstick. If you're lips tend to be drier you'll love the formula as gloss is completely optional considering that the lipsticks themselves leave behind a nice shiny lip look.





The colors I tried were Deep Pink and True Pink. Although both shades were lovely I thought True Pink was the better rose shade that paired up beautifully with pink cheeks and a pink eye look that I created this morning. Deep Pink is strangely named as there isn't any question it's pink but it's more of a fun fuchsia shade rather than a true deep pink shade.











At $16 USD per a lipstick I didn't think they were too badly price considering they deliver with a high quality lipstick and lovely packaging to go along with it.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with both shades and think I'll add the 3rd shade to my collection. Perfect for your Spring looks, Roseflower Lips from the Body Shop are Muse Approved for purchase. The Muse liked 'em alot!



Tried 'em?

Love 'em?

On your wish list?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I think the packaging is really pretty! I love the rose motif.
I think that Deep Pink looks REALLY awesome on you :) but I'm fond of bolder lips.

February 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty looks! These suit you well.

February 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse! I grabbed the lipstick in 01 (soft pink) as well. And after seeing ur FOTD, i'm gonna get 02 soon x) the packaging was the first thing that drew me towards the entire collection and TBS as well. Their packagings are usually boring and just blah.

Do grab 01! its very pretty pink as well which really plays up the pink undertones in your skin.

loves, cher! (love reading ya blog muse!!)

February 17, 2009 at 12:39 AM  
Blogger Leane said...

I have the Soft Pink. I LOVES it, Muse!!!
Normally, I give away ALL lipstick because I hate the 'sticks, but this was a sweet surprise. Body Shop did a great job making this a light formula, not waxy like other lipsticks. The colors are great for a wide range of complexions. I am latin, and have olive skin, and normally cannot wear the 'pinks'....but this is a very flattering pink and I will never give it up. LOVES IT!

February 17, 2009 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi dd!

I love the packaging too!

Color is def buildable hun if you prefer a more popping pink :D

February 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi aestheticcoo!

thanks hun!

:)

February 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Cheryl!

I think the packaging def drew me in first and after that I loved the formula and I agree a majority of the time the lipsticks are just a clear case but this time they made them extra pretty!!!!!!

I must have 01! :D

thanks cher :) I really appreciate your reading my insanity! *hugs*

;)

February 17, 2009 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Leane!

Yayayayay! awesome hun! Fab fab formula couldn't agree more...no wax just high shine! Quite like butter!

It's so awesome that the shade works on you as anyone with medium/darker tones will love that it's flattering on YAYAYAY!

Are you going back for any of the other shades :-D

February 17, 2009 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Piece of Cake said...

I think deep pink looked real good on you, Muse. Unfortunately here in Indonesia, the shade was called 01, 02 and 03 and I couldn't remember which was which when I visited the store a month ago.

I kinda swore off TBS lipstick because lipstick always turned goopy and all mushy when I put it in my bag.

But reading your post, I might have to visit the store again and see if I change my mind.

March 13, 2009 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi piece of cake!

Hmmm it may melt easily as the formula is uber super duper moisturizing but it's worth looking at the colors are divine :-D

March 16, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home