Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 17, 2009

Aquafina Hydrating Lip Oil Review

You know how they made Resident Evil into a movie and it kinda sorta blows? Don't get the Muse wrong she lurves zombies in just about any format she can get 'em! However, the moral of her story is she thinks that making popular video games into movies is normally pretty darn taboo, same goes for comic books by the very way (aside from Iron Man that is, Robert Downey Jr equals ridiculous hotness. He's proof that things do get better with age!).

Another words sometimes it's best to stick to what you know....


Image borrowed from my VERY favorite Etsy seller tinaseamonster

So....count the Muse skeptical that a bottled water company is out there putting out lip gloss.


I mean come on, stick to what you know! Bottled water...cosmetics...hmmm different...right?

Turns out Aquafina actually succeeds at creating quality water and awesome cosmetics too! Yay Aquafina!

I recently tried out Aquafina Hydrating Lip Oil and I'm officially hooked! Cheap as day old chips this gloss is the new awesome in my life. Created using calming natural botanicals the gloss or "oil" is a nice shiny, glossy formula that glides onto lips leaving behind a mirror finish. Now I don't think that Aquafina had any plans for busting into the gloss world with this particular product however it's bloody good stuff and as I mentioned cheap as all hell.



Packaging together awesome moisture, shine, and good for you ingredients like sweet almond and jojoba oil it moisturizes, protects, and heals dry lips in a quick swipe! I seriously could not put this down and almost went through an entire tube in one day since I was reapplying every two seconds because I liked how awesome it felt on my lips.

The texture kinda sorta feels like a cross between a gel, an oil, and water all rolled into one. This particular combination makes the product a tad bit on the runny side and I felt like application every hour or two was in order as it kept running around on my lips. But honestly that shouldn't be a problem considering it's a "treatment" and not really a gloss. I've taken to wearing it after I wash my face and I'm about to turn in for the night as it treats my dry lips and makes them nice and soft when I wake up in the AM.



One thing I absolutely hated about the product but slowly grew to love was the taste. The product smells and tastes like heavy duty menthol...kinda tastes like you're slapping some Vics on your lips or something. It tingles a tiny but and for the most part the minty menthol is a bit strong and took me time to get used to. After a while I simply grew to love the taste, so much so I was chewing the gloss off almost as soon as it was on my lips. Bad Muse, bad!

This is one of those products that you simply must try as you'll undoubtedly fall fully in love with it. The Muse is kinda sorta hoping that she'll develop a case of chapped lips soon so this could cure her woes!

The Muse Approves this in a major way and tells you to get some as soon as possible! Really, really good stuff! Loves it!



I've seen a three pack at Walgreens for $3.99 USD

Quite a nice beauty budget find and well worth your time!

Tried 'em?

Loves 'em?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger KimmyDarling said...

Wow-- seems so random that they'd venture into the lip gloss world. I trust your judgment, though, so I will look for it at the drugstore. Thanks, Muse!

February 17, 2009 at 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They also make a lip balm trio that's basically softlips with better tastes. It takes a few applications to get them going but then--omg!

February 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

well its about damn time! I TOLD YOU you'd love it!

who's awesome? the Puff is awesome, that's who.

February 17, 2009 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

ugh, i just left walgreens. i didn't see this there. otherwise i probably would have picked this up instead of the expensive aquaphor lip ointment i got!

February 18, 2009 at 2:24 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

totally right kimmy?

also skincare...wth lol! ;)

It's really awesome...quite a nice lippie treatment :)

February 18, 2009 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

tania omg have to look for those :-D

February 18, 2009 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL Sarah :-D

yes dear you're the awesome :D

February 18, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jackie!

return 'em return 'em :-)

This is WAY better!

February 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... Izzy, that's the most romantic thing you've ever said to me! When the zombie plague comes, I promise to put you out of your misery BEFORE you've been zombified, so you don't have to deal with the heartache of watching me eat your brains. That's how much I loves you.

February 18, 2009 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks mandy I KNEW I could count on you when the zombie plague hits! And it's coming believe me it's a matter of time now....just when the economy starts to turn around BAM zombie plague coming atcha!

February 18, 2009 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

JACKIE, aquafina lip oils are available at walmart for $3 something for a 3 pack! you get three flavours which includes the original. :)

Izz the best part is that if your lips get super dry and cracked (even split) then this will heal your lips up in a jiff! useful and cheap! I've used up at least 20 aquafina lip oils and balms since 2007!

on that note I've finally tried soft lips and was sorely disappointed. I even tried a kiss test with Beau and he was like, "Eh...its just not the SAME..." I appreciate the SPF but the formula just isn't for me! it doesn't sink in the way aquafina does :(

February 18, 2009 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Eka said...

Oooh... I want to get one too! But where can I get it online?

February 19, 2009 at 4:26 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sarah!

w000t! awesome, awesome stuff dude...lurve them with a passion!

They really are cheap as hells..that's the best part :P :)

nom nom!

Well they are def different formula and I have to say lip oils are WAY better :-) agreed 100% hun!

February 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Eka!

do you live in the US?

if so walgreens has them in stock for $3.99 for a 3 pack :)

February 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

I hope its available here in canada!

February 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sher!

I hope so too! if not check ebay :D

February 20, 2009 at 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey muse~
They have this in Canada, or at least they do in Ontario at Dollarama. It is a Dollar CND for one. so I'm actually surprised cause they would be much cheaper here for you guys, cause of the conversion rate.
Anyway I didn't think that these were all that great cause I found them at the Dollar store...but guess I might check them out if you say they are as good as you say they are! I hope They work well for me as well :P

February 21, 2009 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi rasilla!

awesome! i wish our dollar stores had 'em! You should def try them especially at the discount price :)

Do stop back and tell me how you like it!? I'm curious ;)

February 23, 2009 at 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the stuff as well. haven't had it in a while though sadly.

April 16, 2009 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey becky!

It's fab right?

me either I can't seem to find it in the ds. I need to order a few online!

April 17, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home