Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 15, 2009

Smashbox Muse Lip Paint in Luminary Review, Swatches, Photos, and FOTD

Anyone up for a little bit more of the Smashbox Muse Collection? The Muse is all about "her" collection and is loving it so far! Today I'm bringing you a review of the Smashbox Muse Lip Paint in Luminary.




Check it.....

A new gloss line was introduced with the Smashbox Muse collection which are the limited edition Lip Paints. These glosses offer a tiny hint of color while delivering shine to the lips. The lack of color variety does somewhat disappoint but taking into consideration that these are limited edition I think it's safe to say that three color selections are a plenty.


The color I was busy testing out this week was Luminary which is a shimmering nude peach shade. Mmm slightly scared of those nudes shades but test I did and I came up with a few takes on the gloss.

First off I was slightly unhappy with the formula of the gloss as it wasn't particularly glossy and had a tiny bit of a dryness to it. Hmmm, I know..dryness you say Muse? But I can't think of another way to describe the formula, it's simply very dry without the normal glossiness one assosicates with lipgloss. After all that's why it's called gloss right? Because it's glossy. This isn't so very glossy sadly however it is a rather nice shade which adds a touch of golden, peachy shimmer to lips. It's not pigmented enough to work on it's own so I do suggest prepping with a bit of stain or lipstick prior to use and topping with this for a nice sparkly finish.





For the most part I do think the name is slightly misleading because I was thinking that these would be a pigmented gloss with a brush applicator however turns out it's a sponge tip applicator and a very sheer gloss. I dunno, I just associate paint with pigment I suppose?

Overall I do think the gloss had a fab finish and I can't deny it looks mighty nice on my lips when paired with a warmer makeup look but I was just slightly disappointed with the overall formula and lack of pigmentation. The Muse thinks she might try indulging in one more shade before deciding if it's a hit with her or a miss!

Sportin' Smashbox Lip Paint in Luminary

Have you tried any of the Smashbox Muse Collection yet?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so nice on you! i love it! you're getting me all pysched about the collection. hm.

January 16, 2009 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Vichaya said...

Not really get it when you say dryness. It looks lovely on you. Very sparkly.

January 16, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey laura!

Thanks hun! WAIT till you see the primer it's lovely!

January 16, 2009 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey vichaya!

Mmm it's not really glossy and it kinda applies strangely b/c of that :)

thanks hun!

January 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home