Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 17, 2009

Bobbi Brights Collection: Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color Retro Pink and Rose Brown Review, Swatches, Photos, and FOTD

As part of the Bobbi Brown Brights Collection, several new shades of Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color were released. I've reviewed Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color briefly in my Bobbi Brown Shimmering Nudes Collection post but I thought they did deserve a revisit and an article of their own considering what a lovely formula and product they are.


Four new shades of Creamy Lip Color were introduced with the Bobbi Brights Collection, two of which are making a spotlight appearance here on Musings for my review. Today I'll be discussing, reviewing, and showing you the shades Retro Pink and Rose Brown.

Skip ahead to hear what I think about these lippies!

I'm a big fan of emollient lip products! Shiny, glossy, moisturizing, I'm all over that. Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color brings all those great qualities to the table with a rich pigmented base that's sure to please makeup lovers far and wide.

The formula of the lip colors is a nice glossy, moisturizing lip treatment. It's a cross between a lipstick, a gloss, and a lip balm, all rolled into one product. Who doesn't love all those qualities cocktailed together? I know I do. The product glides onto the lips beautifully leaving behind pigmented, glossy color. I'm a particularly fond fan of applying a dab or two of lipstain on my lips and following up with a few strokes of the creamy lip color for a lovely pout!

I have two of the four new shades released which are Retro Pink (a bubblegum pink) and Rose Brown (a muted brown with a hint of brown).


Rose Brown makes me think of my friend Iris as I know she'd completely love this shade because it would remind her of one of her favorite lipstick shades from Esprique Precious, BR300....actually on me, as you'll see below, the color came out as a coral because I paired it up with a touch of an orange lipstain under it prior to use. The effect of the stain and the lip color on top is interesting to say the least.





Retro Pink is a great Spring shade considering how light and fun it is. If you enjoy Bubble Gum pink shades this will surely please.





There aren't a good deal of creamy lip colors on the market like this at the moment. I try ALOT of different brands as you know and I really never ran across a product like this outside of the Asian market. I enjoy how lightweight it is and absolutely love that it still remains a good deal pigmented even though the formula would seem sheer when applying. Color is buildable and lips are left feeling glossy, shiny, and lovely.

What's not to love?

Who would love this?

  • Anyone who likes a lightweight lip color with plenty of pigmentation and a super gloss finish!
  • Those who aren't too big a fan heavier lipsticks but still desire a bite of color on their lips!
  • Anyone who enjoys a glossy, moisturizing lip treatment.

These are really fab in the Muse's opinion and a tried and true favorite. I look forward to new color releases and I'll continue buying since the formula is outstanding.

All in all Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color are Muse Approved for purchase. The Muse thinks they should be on your beauty radar! Loves it!



related posts

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger KimmyDarling said...

I *love* the Creamy Lip Color formula, and couldn't agree more with your review. Thanks, Musey!

January 17, 2009 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

these remind me of mac's slimshines. if they are anything like those I will def look into them! the pink one is gorgeous

January 17, 2009 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Haru said...

Hi Izzy,

Thanks for thinking of me! Unfortunately, that Esprique Precious lipstick BR300 has been discontinued. But I guess I shouldn't be too sad since I never got around to finishing the tube that I had (think I finished at most 30-50% of it)! Anyway, I don't wear lipstick much these days except for my Paul & Joe ones as I usually prefer lipgloss.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

January 17, 2009 at 8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear miss Muse,

Creamy lipsticks, I like! Thanks for this review! The first picture of you with the pink lipstick looks wonderful actually - it kind of looks... opaque and yet very light-textured at the same time. Almost like shiny new nail polish. Wow is it really like that?? I need a shimmer-free (I know, why??), light coral pink lipstick that's actually opaque but gives a clear, shiny look... if I find the right shade I'm looking for I might go out and get this brand ^^

January 18, 2009 at 3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do these compare with the UD lipsticks? That's currently all I'm wearing.

January 19, 2009 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey kimmy!

Me too :) it's really awesome! Kinda a balm, gloss, and lipstick all rolled together!

January 19, 2009 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sher!

I think slimshines aren't as moisturizing...these are more balmy and glossy :) But I do so LOVE me some slimshines hehe :)

January 19, 2009 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey iris!

;) I just thought the color was so similar! that stinks as I'm slowly heading down on the one I am working on...only a little left :(

I normally lip first and gloss later!

Weekend was fab :) Hope yours was too babe!

Hugs!

January 19, 2009 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi cherry!

You're most welcome!

The texture and formula are amazingly emollient :) so you're left with a really nice pigmented, glossy look!

LOL I don't blame you...I love shimmer but actually prefer it outside of my lipsticks :)

These sound like what you need, def try 'em at your counter I think you'll like them!

January 19, 2009 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Asta

The UD lippies are pretty different as they are way more pigmented plus they don't have the balmy texture these do. I love the UD lipsticks myself they are fabs :)

This is a different formula altogether...more glossy, bit balmy, and less pigmentation than UD...def pigmented but not nearly as much as the UD lipsticks!

January 19, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home