Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 17, 2009

Product Musings: Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Mildew



Mildew...hmm sounds unappealing but eyeshadow in Mildew...likey!


Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Mildew is an army green shadow, and like all green shadows, lends a certain mystery to the Muse's eyes. It seems that dark brown eyes and green eye shadow are a marriage most divine!

Mildew is pretty fantastic considering it doesn't have the heavy duty shimmer overload many Urban Decay shadows have. Hey, the Muse is all about tons of glitter but sometimes it's difficult to clean up! Mildew is deeply pigmented, silky smooth, blends like a dream, and doesn't contain any glitter, always a plus for the glitter haters of the world!

Pair it up with a lighter shade of green for a contrasting, popping eye look or use it on it's own with a bit of black liner on your bottom and lower lash line for a mysterious, alluring look!




However, you use it you'll be happy you hauled it as it's truly a great shade!

Do you have Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Mildew in your stash?

Love it?

What are some of your absolutely favorite Urban Decay Shadow shades?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the color that started my Urban Decay shadow obsession. I got a sample of Mildew & Midnight Cowboy and haven't looked back since.

January 17, 2009 at 4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Muse,
Mildew was one of the first UD shadows I bought. I have the single e/s plus one that comes in that palette that we all know and love :D Mildew is definitely one of my favorite colors. It blends easier than my green MAC colors - so it's one of my HG eyeshadows.
What are some other UD shadows I like? They're Maui Wowie, Sin, Hotpants, Vert, Shattered, Grifter, Kiddie Pool, Half-Baked and almost ALL of the Deluxe Shadows! Have you tried Maui Wowie? I've never seen anything like it - it's such a captivating color...tell me what you think :D

January 17, 2009 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I love the color, these are the shades that works on my skintone! so pretty!

January 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the UD shadows but Mildew is definitely one of my faves. Like you I have brown eyes and love noting more than a green smokey eye and mildew is perfect for that. I have almost finished it in the Ammo palette and can't seem to track down the full size anywhere, my local counters are always out of stock of it and it doesn't pop up that often on eBay. Great pick if I do say so myself :o)

January 18, 2009 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello there Chrystie!

Midnight Cowboy was my very first UD shadow :) after that, all done hill hehe!

Mildew is such a fab one isn't it?!

January 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi roxii!

Mildew is a fav of mine too..it's so fab for a smoky green look :) it does blend easier than mac..it has an almost fluffy like texture.dunno if that makes sense but It feels so silky on!

Love love mau wowie :) kiddie pool too and grifter...I love midnight cowboy, and midnight cowboy rides again and cherry, all of the deluxe shadows too! I have almost every shade of UD shadow hehe!

Maui Wowie was one of the first, last shadows :) It was released one spring and after that for a long time UD failed to release anything :) so I remember it well. I actually love it even more than Midnight Cowboy..it's so sparkly and golden! yummie!

January 19, 2009 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey nikki!

Isn't it lovely? It's a fav of mine :)

January 19, 2009 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi emma!

me too! it's absolutely ideal for a smoky green eye and just looks amazing on my eyes...very mysterious for brown eyed girls :)

oh no that stinks :( one that's always OOS on my end is Vert...I never successfully find vert in stock at Sephora hehe!

January 19, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home