Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 5, 2009

Pieces of Life: The Monday Morning Edition


Morning guys!

Happy Monday! Oh my god tis like the Monday from hell! Was so hard dragging my butt out of bed this morning after having so many days off. I swear the last few days have been so completely relaxing! I'm always running around doing this, that, and the other thing and never have enough free time to just sit down and veg! The last few days I did just that. Total vegetable. It was so lovely. I caught up on a few books I've been meaning to read, played stupid amounts of WoW, watched a slew of geeky flicks with my mate Martin (we generally have the same retarded taste in sci-fi films one of which was Capricorn One circa before James Brolin became Barbra Streisand's b*tch...what? I love Barbra but we all know she has James on lock down!), and just really enjoyed doing absolutely nothing!


Jump ahead to read more about my Monday, the weekend, and what's ahead at Musings!

Oh and I was really productive and stuff this weekend too so I did do other stuff that wasn't in the realms of playing dead and acting like a veggie! Read on....

For the longest time my main ring tone was the Time Warp so I decided to change it this weekend. What? I'm still in Halloween mode I guess...sue me!

Check it and tell me whatcha think ;)


I also switched up the slider to play the sound of the Tardis launching! Loves it!

See? Told ya I was productive!

I have a slew of posts for you today including my Year End Favorites list, my New Year's Resolution post, a giveaway or two, and a few other tricks up my sleeves so stay tuned! Oh which reminds me I know the past few days you haven't seen many reviews but don't worry those are coming along too and we'll be back to cosmetic nirvana shortly!

I hope everyone had an amazing weekend and you're back on the "back to work" bandwagon! After a few diet cherry pepsis, some tea, and a bit of coffee the Muse promises you'll be all awake and alert enough to deal with Monday morning!

Feel free to spread the cheer about your weekend and what you did, what you hauled, and any trouble you got into! My comment box is open and my eyes are listening!

xoxo <--------whoa how gossip girl of me!

related posts

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Inge said...

ARRRGH it's back to work for me today also (actually I'm posting from work lol). I used to play WoW and it was amazing how fast time went by. Now I spend the $15 a month on makeup... honestly it doesn't get my very far lol.

I did, however, get a gift card for Christmas that I spent on a lovely Chanel blush, Dior Lipgloss (Chanel and Dior were on sale! woot woot), some nail polishes and some body/hair care.

Have a lovely week :)

January 5, 2009 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning pixie!

ugh...the worst isn't it? I feel hung over lol!

i honestly try to limit myself as WoW can suck years off a life lmao!

oh my chanel and dior on sale? darling where do you LIVE?! I need dior/chanel sales :-) Lucky girl!

Happy Monday!

January 5, 2009 at 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great day in the morning, Muse- i leave for 2 days and you post like 20 times! yay for lots of catching up. you really were productive! all i did last week was make chocolates, get groceries, and laze around. oh and become an insomniac.
happy Monday.

January 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol Laura! Indeed :) busy little bee posting away :) I've made a new year's resolution to update on weekends so I've started writing out entries that I'll schedule to post on the weekend so everyone isn't without a daily dose of Muse for the weekend hehe!

I wanna come to your house...make chocolates? dude..want! hehe :)

I was a bit of an insomniac too...I was staying up way into the wee morning of the hours and knocking my schedule so off. ;P Last night when I turned in at my normal bedtime my body was screaming at me to stay up until 4 :)

January 5, 2009 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Ghoulina said...

Your time off sounds like so much fun! I've done much the same - vegged out, haunted the MUA message boards, watched ridiculous movies and was otherwise comatose! It's so hard having to go back to "regular" life after all the fun of the holidays! :P

January 5, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ghoulina :)

Thanks hun! It was totally a waste of precious time but I loved it all the way lol!

I watched a few ridiculous ones too...House bunny anyone? Omg such brain dead crap lmao!

It really is difficult getting back after being off so long!

January 5, 2009 at 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll mail you some if you email me your address!
(psalm.of.ascent@gmail.com) but they're L/E and going fast! ;)

oh gosh yes House Bunny was crap- not even funny. and Wanted???!!! hated it! in fact the best film we saw over the holidays was Lawrence of Arabia.....from 1962.

January 5, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Laura, you and I had the same week. While I was on vacation last week, I became an insomiac and slept in every morning.

I did do some makeup hauls yesterday and burned Christmas gift cards on some MAC. I picked up Petticoat (really not all crazy about it but since it was technically free, not feeling too guilty). Also picked up the 224, soft ochre pp and brush cleanser.

My order from e.l.f. came in...have you seen their Nars duo look a like? (I don't have the nars btw). It's really not bad - shocking! If any one is looking for cosmetic bags they were having a 75%off sale on some. Picked up a few small ones for organization.

I saw that you were posting this weekend and surprised...when do you sleep?:)

Thanks so much for making this such a fun site. I absolutely adore you and your posts as well as reading all the comments from these great women. But seriously(sortof), do you really want to give up your weekends?? lol:) xoxo

January 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

omg Laura how sweet of you! You don't have to do that and go to that trouble!! *HUGS*

LOL House Bunny was so bad it was funny! I didn't see Wanted :) Ahhhh Lawrence of Arabia bestest movie ever :)

January 6, 2009 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi aestheticcoo!

hehe it was great though wasn't it!? I'd do it all over if could

awww you didn't love petticoat...darn :( sorry!

love love brush cleanser :) best on the market :) nice haul!


I was shocked how good the TM was from ELF lol!
Have to check out the nars duo dupe :)

LOL! I actually write my posts ahead but this weekend I did a little here and there...normally I don't do weekends at all b/c I am too busy but this weekend I felt compelled lol!

I never sleep lol!

Thank YOU for visiting it. This site is nothing without you and all my readers :) LMAO probably not hehehe...I love my weekends LOL! Plus I have a full time job, blogging, and a nutty social life LOL! I'm SUPER MUSEEEEEEEEE!

Thanks for your amazing comments hun! they totally light up my day!

January 6, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home