Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 10, 2009

Hauled It: Vincent Longo Eye Shimmer Souffle Review and Swatches


I wanted to do one big post about Vincent Longo Eye Shimmer Souffles with a review, swatches, and an FOTD for each color but I knew by the time I actually get around to doing an FOTD in every color that they'll long be gone from Sephora for the price I paid! So I decided to do the review, swatches, and the haul pictures for you and sometime in the future I'll do a few FOTD's using the product.




Anyway....the moral of today's story is....

You may have noticed right after Christmas or maybe a bit before Vincent Longo was cut from the Sephora line up and reduced to 50% Off. Later on it was reduced further to 75% off but by the time I actually got around to looking into what was available (I was trying to be good you see) it was all blessedly gone. I seriously didn't need anything at the moment and it seemed pointless to bother looking, sometimes the Muse plays it safe.






Flash forward a few days (like Monday of this week) and I was at Sephora and allllllllll the Vincent Longo I could possibly want was on display and reduced by 75% which means that each of the Vincent Longo Eye Shimmer Souffles I hauled were $6 USD each! w00t super deal! I couldn't resist. I own a few of these already but at $6 bucks who could resist stashing up on some more so I hauled six!

You should really get over to Sephora and see what you can snag because these are truly a deal in a half. A little products goes a long way as they are richly pigmented and have a nice shimmer finish without the disco ball effect. The formula is silky, smooth, blends easily and dries down to a powder-like finish. On the eye they are stunning to say the least. I'm wondering how they'll work as a base for pigment. Must try that out! Plus they are amazingly long wearing! No creasing, fading, and they stick around for ages...you really have to get serious remover to get everything off your lid after use.











All in all I suggest heading to Sephora to see of you can score some for the rock bottom price. I nailed six in total! Well worth it and cheap to boot.

If anyone is interested I did mistakenly pick up an extra color, Copperleif, for my sister however when I got home she informed me she already had it. If you'd like it it's $10 USD which includes shipping, confirmation, and paypal fees without the US and for non-US it's $11 USD which includes first class airmail shipping and paypal but sadly no confirmation or tracking.

Did you grab anything from the Vincent Longo clearance at Sephora?

What did you get?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I wanted to pick up Argento but they're out.
Looks nice though :)

January 10, 2009 at 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meeeeeeeeeeeeee! i want it!

January 10, 2009 at 9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in Sephora after christmas because I wanted to buy the urban decay eyeliner sets. So I was at the UD display where I tried out Grifter, which I liked ok. It was mostly just glittery and less of a color. Then I meandered over to the longo stuff and put the blue souffle, i think its called babelon, over the grifter i was already wearing and it looked amazing! Like a thin veil of dark blue with sparkles..doesn't work out of order though. So anyway I didn't buy that i bought the eyeliner sets, then it nagged at me so much i returned the sets and bought grifter and babelon. The end.

January 11, 2009 at 12:21 AM  
Blogger Laura Kristine said...

I didn't pick up anything from the VL sale at Sephora online (although I am debating on traveling up to the Sephora that carries VL and seeing what they have left...).

I would like to say though that you are thoroughly going to enjoy these shimmer souffles! I've got five colors (Lily Mist, Pavlova, Ultra-Violet, Babelon, and Oasis) and I love them all! Possibly Lily Mist the most because I use it the most... or Oasis (just because it's green!).

You also might want to check out your local BBW Flagship to see if they have any VL or Awake left at 75% off (oh, and Goldie too... just for the cute Tink/Alice stuff!).

January 11, 2009 at 2:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi DD!

Aw poo!
I think they have it here if you'd like it lmk!

January 12, 2009 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ann!

email me hun!

January 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi elissa!

I have this shade and adore it although I paid full price darn it :P I really like grifter hehe..it's ALOT of glitter but it's really nice when applied when a sponge applicator to pack color on!
I'm glad you got it as it's gorg :)

nice hauling!

January 12, 2009 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi elle!

Me either at first but I walked into the store and got carried away!

I have a few already as well and restocked up on a few plus ones I didn't have :)

oasis is gorgggggg! Sadly my local bbw's don't carry awake or VL le sigh grrrr :P But online last year I hauled some awake ;)

and yay for goldie so cutes!

January 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home