Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 8, 2008

Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub Review

It's about that time of the year now that my skin goes on protest and boycotts everything and anything I put on it to ease the tight, dry, flakiness caused by the cold Winter. A majority of the time dry skin just takes residence on my face and sits out the long Winter there and when I try to moisture or exfoliate it away I normally just get the rebel yell from it, "Hell No! We Won't Go!"

Lucky enough I have found a few select products that do the job or at least aid me in ridding myself of flakes of dry skin. Soooo gross! Ew!

Today I realized I was pretty much down to the last of my Philosophy Microdelivery Wash so tonight when I got home I had absolutely nothing to use to exfoliate...ahhhh! Nightmare! But have no fear, Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub to the rescue! Yeah well the Muse does so admit that sometimes she has to remind herself that inexpensive skincare is around, alive, and kicking! I can't recall the last time I used Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub but that's a good thing because tonight I got a chance to remind myself how truly good it is.





Grounded almonds, oats, and pecans are blended with rose petals, orange, and grapefruit oils to create a gorgeous facial scrub for all skin types. The product contains no parabens and many natural ingredients. Looks can be deceiving as the scrub isn't the prettiest around. It's poop brown (yes I did say poop you may laugh now!) with little scrubby bits and bobs. The good news is it doesn't smell like poop...hehe...it's quite a gorgeous scent of oranges with hints of rose and almond...rather relaxing and herbal like almost. Scoop some out...a small amount will do...and combine with water....slowly scrub around your face avoiding your eyes....rinse...and you're left with super soft skin and a fresh scent that lingers for a bit! It doesn't dry my skin out which is a plus as it does contain glycerin which moisturizes and softens my skin as I scrub. It says it's gentle enough for daily use but I personal limit myself to twice a week as I could easily strip my face using it daily.











Sadly, it's not comparable to Philosophy Microdelivery Wash for me as it's much more harsher. The ground almonds, oats, and other bits and bobs could prove quite nasty to sensitive skin types in my opinion but personally if you're suffering from dry, tight skin you'll be thankful for such a good scrub as it'll strip off the dry layer and leave behind a softer layer of skin.

Honestly, for $8 USD you simply can't go wrong especially if you're currently taking a step back and looking to budget your beauty care at the moment. All of Burt's Bees products are 99% natural so if you're seeking organic and inexpensive Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub and anything else from Burt's has you covered!

I do recommend trying it out for yourself as you may find it's exactly what you're looking for this harsh Winter season! The Muse likey! Check out more from Burt's at www.burtsbees.com



MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator Review

NeoCeuticals Problem Dry Skin Gel Review

Philosophy Microdelivery Wash Review

Bliss Triple Oxygen Mask Review

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

Oooh, I hadn't thought to try this. I do love the burt's bees night creme. I am of the opinion that their products are nice, especially since they don't irritate my sensitive skin!

December 8, 2008 at 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayvid: I love this one quite a bit! It's pretty darn amazing and thought the granules are big they are not hard in my opinion, they are more like soft...so the pressure applied while scrubbing kinda determine how harsh it is as well. I also love the plain orange cleanser from these guys.

December 8, 2008 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger En said...

If you suffer from dry skin, I highly recommend trying Avene's Gentle Milk Cleanser (http://www.aveneusa.com/gentle-milk-cleanser/). I have dry skin all year round (and rosacea to boot) and winter is torture for my face. Ever since I started using the milk cleanser (I was using their one for intolerant skin before) my skin isn't nearly as dry as before.

Avene is a bit more expensive than some other brands but it is cheaper than most department store brands. You might be able to pick up some samples at your dermatologist's office or if you have a store near you. You can also email them, too. Everything is fragrance-free and made specifically for those with sensitive skin (kind of like La Roche Posay.)

December 8, 2008 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

dd,

it's probably because they don't add a bunch of junk into the product which accounts for how it's so nice on your sensitive skin :)

This is quite good but I do worry about how gentle it is on someone with sensitive skin.

December 9, 2008 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey kayvid :)

I like the cleanser as well! I think it's a nice mild or hard scrub depending on how you go about it but I do worry about sensitive skin types..wonder if it's any good for those who are sensitive...?!

But I love it plus it's cheap as chips :)

December 9, 2008 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello En エヌ!

Thanks so much for the rec! I'll give it a try...anything that's gentle and won't dry me out further is always welcome!

My skin isn't so sensitive..sometimes I think I could take a brillo pad to it lol! But honestly sometimes when it flakes and dries up I prefer something gentle as I find that sensitive skin options are easier on the dryness and don't create further probs!

Thanks for the rec :) Will see if I can locate some!

December 9, 2008 at 8:27 AM  
Blogger Tammy M said...

Hmmm, I like "stronger" scrubs as I have oily skin with large pores!!! I may have to pick this up and give it a whirl. We don't really have the weather you do in NY, but, as soon as it goes under 70, the hubster loves to crank up the heat and that just dries me out totally!
Besides, I love a deal, and this one looks like it can't be beat!

December 9, 2008 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey tammy!

I think it'll be great for oily skin and larger pores :)

ugh I know the feeling..I have steam heat in my house and it's terribly drying to my skin and my poor nose and sinuses :(

sometimes you can even get it on sale at cvs :)

December 9, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home