Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 10, 2008

Bourjois Paris Liner Effect Mascara Review

The thing about Bourjois Paris Liner Effect Mascara is that you need a doctrine in brain surgery to apply it correctly.

Move over people! McDreamy will now show us the proper way to use Bourjois Paris Liner Effect Mascara! He's the brain surgeon around here after all.


After the initial steep learning curve of teaching myself to apply the newest Bourjois Paris mascara I have to say I'm quite happy and I like it alot! The mascara has a dual sided wand which has longer plastic bristles on one end and shorter on the other. In order to apply correctly I find that swiping on the mascara with the short bristles first and brushing through with the longer bristles creates beautifully long, full lashes.











My first use with the mascara was a hot mess which basically left me with brutally clumped up lashes, mascara on my lids and highbrow, and just an utter and complete mess. Normally at this point I'd have probably shoved it away and decided it was trash but for some reason I was compelled to try again and much to my delight I was successful at creating a rather great look and my lashes were looking quite awesome!







The mascara promises to give a finish to lashes so it appears as if you applied liner to your eyes however I honesty didn't notice much of a difference in this aspect. With proper application you will have plenty of volume, nice, plump lashes, and a gorgeous full look. I don't recommend the mascara for those of you with shorter, stubbier lashes as I think it would present major clumping woes however if your lashes are nice and straight this will work at creating volume as well as nice curl.

I liked this one alot and I do Muse Approved it for purchase however it does take a bit before learning the correct way to apply so don't give up on it right away and shove it off as trash! The Muse felt the same but ended up loving it later!





Dior Iconic Mascara Review

Lorac Visual Effects Mascara Review

Estee Lauder Turbolash Mascara Review

Fairy Drops Mascara Review

Etude House Lash Designing Vitcara Review

Majolica Majorca Gorgeous Wing Mascara Review


Blinc Lash Primer Review


Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara Review

L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara Review

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been on the fence about this mascara since I first saw it a couple of months ago. I was intrigued by the bendable, dual-sided wand. However I heard that it smudges. Did this happen to you?

December 10, 2008 at 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! so this mascara isn't for me. so much so for my lemming for bourjois mascara. you juts killed it for me. thanks a lot.

December 10, 2008 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my lashes are the shortest!!!!!!!! in the world!!!!!!!! iwanted to win the lilash contest but..i didn't. i guess im stuck with my.....shortest lashes forever

December 10, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

hi muse! I hear they make great mascara but I dont think they have waterproof ones. I need waterproof mascaras otherwise my curl will not hold. The only way I could use non waterproof ones is if I used it to layer with a WP one underneath and they actually turn out really well :)

December 11, 2008 at 2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes this is the best mascara I've tried so far!!I messed up the first time round too.The longer side can be painful to use but it makes your lashes so wonderful(And mine are Asian lashes) without making it spidery or clumpy.So easy to remove too!!But doesn't smudge or run under the rain.=)))


Rini

December 11, 2008 at 4:48 AM  
Blogger Mukho said...

Thats a fierce looking wand! I'm sure I'd take many pokes in the eye before I learnt to use it correctly :)

December 11, 2008 at 7:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey muse!!! this looks really good!! anyways i was going to buy BB cream from korea because my cousin is coming to visit me here. what should i buy? can you recommend me one?

December 11, 2008 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey liz.

Nope so far no smudges but honestly it takes a bit to understand how to use it...I thought I had it down pat but this morning I attempted it and screwed up...messy mascara everywhere. Just keep in mind that I never have a prob with virtually any mascara smudging so I could be basing my opinion on that :)

December 11, 2008 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jojoba!

I think it would kinda make a big mess for shorter lashes...it's hard applying with longer so I fear it'll be crummy for shorter ;P

Sorry 'bout that lovie :)

December 11, 2008 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know
I should probably try this sometime, but I'm scared. I make so much mess with just normal mascara!

December 11, 2008 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello there minsun!

Awww I'm sorry love. My sister has super short lashes too...you just have to hit the right mascara and all your short lashes woes will be behind you :)

*hugs*

December 11, 2008 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Sher!

Hmmm some are I think? I'm ok with non WP but I hear you about the curl...although WP lasts all day it doesn't hold my curl either :P

December 11, 2008 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi rini!!!

Yay glad you like it! Same for me...actually second, third time too lol...I messed up this morning when applying..it takes a sec to get it right ;)

I'm glad you told me this works on asian lashes as many asian girls have very delicate short lashes so I was curious how well it would work on asian eyes.

Thanks for sharing your love of the product with us :)

Hugs!

December 11, 2008 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Mukho!


LOL no problems yet but it could happen :) I made a mess using it this morning :)

December 11, 2008 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello minsun!

Have you read my past bb reviews? Those are the ones I really like :) plus inexpensive as well. Etude House Magic BB or Skin79 :)

Missha makes a very nice one too and a booster for using prior to the bb!

Hope this helps!

December 11, 2008 at 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... sounds like too much work then... how does it compare to MAC's Plushlash? That's another mascara that everyone seems to rave about, which I don't quite get. I can sometimes get nice lashes with it, but there are just as many misses as hits.

December 11, 2008 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

I know this has nada to do with the review, but my mom met McDreamy when he came to Japan for the 'Enchanted' premier. She was the translator for the gig and said that he's really down-to-earth and super well-mannered, like you wouldn't think he's a celebrity. Too bad she had NO idea who he was!!!! I almost died when she told me this.

December 11, 2008 at 4:42 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL Laura :) I hear you! It took me ages not to make a hot mess out of my mascara :)

December 12, 2008 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Liz,

Plushlash is such a snore for me....I don't get what the hype is...unless I'm applying wrong? It does absolutely nothing for my lashes :P

def not comparable to this :P

December 12, 2008 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey aya!

Omg!!!!!!! I'd so die if I met him! I think it's cute she hadn't a clue who he was :)

hehe!

How are you feeling lovie? I hope you're doing ok!!!

December 12, 2008 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Lydia said...

Hmm this looks cool I think Im gonna try it out :)

December 13, 2008 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lydia :)

it's worth a shot :)

December 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok this mascara flakes everywhere after 10 minutes of applying it! My lashes aren't too short but are quiet straight, liner effect gives my lashes intense colour and does not make them clump but after a few hours it end up underneath making my undereye area a lot darker than it is.
Do not like it!

December 30, 2008 at 1:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous!

aw that stinks :( I didn't have probs with flaking thankfully..I liked how long it made my lashes however I didn't see any sort of "liner" effect....

oh well on to the next best mascara right!? :)

December 30, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home