Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 9, 2008

Bath & Body Works Limited Edition Radiant Powder Review

I lurve me some shimmer. As if we hadn't already established that already! Remember last year when Guerlain released a gold, shimmering radiant powder with it's Holiday Collection? Oh the love....I felt the shimmery, gorgeous golden love!

Now...as gorgeous as it was we have and had obstacles. It was $78 USD which for any diseased, cosmetic junkie was well worth it but honestly I do so admit that might have been a bit of an overkill price wise. If I had to do it all over again I'd still buy it anyway! The second obstacle is the fact that it's long gone and probably never to be seen again unless you're willing to swap a kidney on MUA or sell a heart on E-bay!

But...have no fear...the Muse is here to save the day!

So you want a budget version of Guerlain Gold Radiant Powder? Check it:









This be Bath & Body Works Limited Edition Radiant Powder and it's just as awesome as Guerlain plus it's heaps cheaper! Now Bath & Body Works Radiant Powder is not new by any means however it does have incredible new packaging as you can see above which just totally sells the product to me.

Bath and Body Works Radiant Powder vs. Guerlain Radiant Powder


The powder comes in a vanity worthy Victorian style perfume bottle with ball depressor. Simply squeeze and you'll get a burst of gorgeous scented shimmering gold powder anywhere you please. I think that Bath & Body Works aimed to design this for your body however I've been using it in my hair, on my face, along my shoulders and arms, across my chest. It be crazy shimmer time kids! Not only do you get gorgeous golden sparkle here and there but you also get a rather nice, lingering scent as the powder is available in three different scents. I dunno how...I dunno why...but the scent does linger for a considerable amount of time on the skin. I was just under the assumption that the scent would fade right away but it actually sticks around quite a fair bit. Golden shimmer and scented? I'm loving it!

















As I mentioned above it is available in three scents which are Vanilla Noir, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and Japanese Cherry Blossom. The vanilla scents are my favorite as they each hold a certain warmth that I associate with the Holiday Season. Vanilla Noir is pretty much straight warm vanilla where as Vanilla Sugar has a subtle bite of spiciness and deeper warmth. Japanese Cherry Blossom is equally as gorgeous however the softer floral doesn't give me as much as a festive feel as the other two scents, I'm sure I'll feel more love for this during the Spring then right now in the Winter! I'm kinda sorta hopeful that Bath & Body Works might consider doing these again next year but in scents like Twisted Peppermint and maybe make it pink shimmering goodness?



















Each powder is $24.50 USD and comes in a nice elegant box perfect for gift giving! At the moment they are offering a buy two get one free on these so you might want to head online or in store to nab a few for gifts or just to stock up for yourself as they are LE.

All in all I can't say enough good things about these and believe they are well worth their tiny price tag for such a lovely little package of golden shimmer! They'll look beautiful on your vanity plus they make rather awesome gifts in my humble opinion! If you're still kicking yourself for missing out on Guerlain's Holiday Collection 2007 you can stop and just head into Bath & Body Works! Treat yourself for some golden radiant powder for $24 bucks and call it a day! Totally Muse Approved for purchase and well worth checking out for yourself especially since they are on sale this week!



Check out more about Bath and Body Works Radiant Powder by clicking here!

Want 'em?

Tried 'em already?

Tell the Muse!



Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

Oh wow! Beautiful!
I love those vanilla scents, too. I'm not too crazy about the flower one, though.

December 9, 2008 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger AskMeWhats said...

super lovely packaging! I am drawn to the packaging itself and it's perfect for Christmas!!!

December 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Wow I totally want this!!

December 9, 2008 at 9:39 PM  
Blogger - ღ X.I.N ღ- said...

*drools* oh gosh, i'm so totally drooling over it! How i wish there's a BBW here in SG! I wonder how i can lay hands on this darling! =(

December 10, 2008 at 2:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning dd!

I like the floral one but it's more of a Spring blend for me :) I heart warm vanilla blends around this time of the year..so cozy!

December 10, 2008 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning nikki!

Isn't it adorable packaging? I think they'd make fab gifts!

December 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning katee :)

I'm with ya :) Grab 'em while they are on sale :)

December 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello ღ X.I.N ღ!

Awww I wish 'pore had bbw too! I know so many girls that love the brand and can't get it :( I'd try some makeup forums or MUA and ask for a cp :) I'm positive someone will help!

*hugs*

December 10, 2008 at 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,
these look awesome!
I picked up your MeMeMe bits today =) drop me an e-mail and I'll mail them out this week x

December 10, 2008 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks Laura :)

you're the best!

December 10, 2008 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Sydni said...

Great review. I went to the site to check them out and right now they are on sale for 50% off, $12.25 each! Also they are part of a "buy 2 get 1 free" online promotion. So you can get all three of them for $24.50 TOTAL! I am low on $ right now, but I might have to pick these up anyway. For that price, how can I not?

December 10, 2008 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi sydni!

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They must have just hit 50% Off! WOOOOOOOT! That's a steal and half :)

Absolutely a great deal :)

Thanks for the comment!
Hugs!

December 10, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you have three!!!! wow these are amazing!! you can send me one C:

December 10, 2008 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

Those look interesting! I wish I wore more dresses so that I can actually wear these lol Im guessing it woul dbe about 30 CAD here, ill have to test it out before I purchase though because I know I wont use it all the time.

December 11, 2008 at 2:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse!

I'm back (at least for a couple of hours!). I've been so busy I haven't been able to comment lately, sorry!

I saw this Guerlain things last week, they are so beautiful... pity they're too pricey!

Have you seen NARS' spring collection? Awesome!

Lots of hugs!!!

December 11, 2008 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe minsun! I'm stashing these away :) I'm a shimmer-a-holic :)

December 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey sher!

You can always use on your face and hair :) That's what I did hehe!

December 12, 2008 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey pao pao sorry for the delayed reply girl :)

How are you!?

I've been VERY busy as well and been a bit remiss with comments, posts, etc...:)

I have seen the new nars and it looks too gorg :) can't wait!

these are a great replacement for the guerlain..way cheaper!

December 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home