Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Sep 4, 2008

Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Pressed Powder Palette Review

Ok, are you listening?

Make sure your listening.

This is important.

For $10 USD or less you can have awesome flawless skin.

Are you in?

If you like the way my skin looks in my photos you can thank my secret weapon which I've been using for at least 10 years now.

It creates flawless perfection.

Seriously the best stuff I ever used in my life.

Now you know I HATE drugstore cosmetics within the US however this stuff deserves some serious props.

I discovered this when I was a wee lass and on a student budget and since I started using it I never looked back.

It can be used as my sole foundation, as a quick touch up, as a finishing powder, to hide dullness, to refresh my skin, to create the illusion of pure perfection.

Sounds too good to be true right?

But it's true.

WHAT IS IT MUSE!?

Physicians Formula Multi-Colored Pressed Powder Palette.







Go figure right?

I've seriously used this stuff since I was a teen and I just love it. I recently had to purchase a new one and I thought gee I need to share this with the world.

See? Told you I needed a new one!


So here I am telling you all about my secret weapon that creates the flawlessness you see in all my photos.

The powder comes in a few different color selections but I use Creamy Natural. I think it's safe to say that Creamy Natural should work on fair, medium, and yellow tone skin. I think this should be flattering on Asian skin but I can't completely guarantee it as I haven't yet convinced any of my Asian girl friends to take the dive (they are just as snobby as me when it comes to drugstore beauty brands!). However, it has so many variations of beige in it that I think it should even out yellows very nicely!







The palette is made up of several colors including white, darker, lighter, and medium shades of beige. Each color combines to create this rather amazing shade that's completely flattering to my skin tone.

I've used the product as a finishing powder mostly but I can easily get away with using it as foundation. It's truly pure perfection. It works amazing well at creating this soft focused look that I've never been able to duplicate with expensive powders I've tried. It evens out my skin tone, removes dullness, and just makes my skin look beautifully flawless.

I love the packaging too by the way! It's a two way compact with the powder on top and a small compartment underneath for tucking in the super soft puff application it comes with.







Sadly, it does contain talc and parabens. Parabens are definately a no for many people but I don't mind them as much and talc has been known to cause break outs however I've never experienced that problem with this.

Is it love?

Yes.

If I had to pick three products to take with me on a deserted island would this be one?

HELLS yes!

This one is holy grail material.

I love it and I'm kindly sharing it with you!

Go out, grab some, and try it out! I bet you'll be hooked!

This is by far the best Beauty Budget purchase I ever made in my life and if they ever axe this from the line I might as well jump out a window! Can't live without it!

The Muse Approves it big time!



Tried this?

Love it?

Want to try it?

What's your holy grail powder?

Tell the Muse!



Enjoy some past Beauty on a Budget posts!

Rimmel Underground Spring Collection 2008: Rock, Spark and Spin

Physicians Formula Plump Potion Review

Latest Obsession: Aquafina Advanced Hydrating Facial Spray Review

Beauty on a Budget: Twice as Clean Gift Set

Physicians Formula Flawless Complexion Kit Review

Shiseido Kesho Wakusei Summer Collection Line Up

Terra Eyeshadow Review

When Beauty on a Budget, Goes Wrong: Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Review

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Physician's Formula truly is the best drugstore brand out there. Too bad it has talc and my skin does not like talc, unless it's a finely milled expensive Italian one. You almost made me want to spend my dough on this one :)

September 4, 2008 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger psychedelico13 said...

thanks for the review on this product! i may have to try this the next time i run out of my usual powder :)
i've seen another one that's a mix of green, white and pink. have you tried this before Muse? if you have, how do you like it?

September 4, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not fair to tempt us with things that can't be found outside of the States! I'm intrigued!

September 4, 2008 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

dao,

I agree 100%! PF is definately one of the best ds brands I've ever run across.

this talc, thankfully, doesn't break me out so maybe it'll work on you too!?

September 4, 2008 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello there charlieee!

You're most welcome love, my pleasure.

It's truly great! The green and white I never tried as it's meant to subdue redness. I'd say it prob works to do that if you have any redness on your face ;) I trust PF ;)

I've tried the pink ones as well which are blush ones and they are fabs!

I'll review those if you like!

Thanks for the comment!
Hope to speak to you again soon!

September 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh-oh! utter drugstore snob here! i think i've read that its also bree (from makeupbag.net) HG!

since you're raving about it.. it must really be good!

*grins* how's the foundation coming along? let me know sweetie.

September 4, 2008 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Southern Angel said...

This is my HG powder. For a long-time I wore the green mosaic for redness but now I wear foundation and a dab of the creamy natural mosaic. It never looks obvious and the color selection is great. :)

September 4, 2008 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Chaosophia!

Aww I'm sorry! I know the feeling well!

Try MUA? I'm sure someone will CP ;-)

September 4, 2008 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ann!

LOL :) ditto!!!!! No kidding!? I read Bree's Teen Corner :) I never heard her mention it must go look!

I freaking love this stuff Ann!

It's here ;) I've just been swamped and haven't had a sec to mail you about it. Please forgive me!?

September 4, 2008 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Southern Angel!

Fantastic! Another lover :) I never tried the green one but I should b/c I kinda always have a flush across my cheeks that needs to be toned down for blush wearing :)

I love the creamy version. Doesn't it make your skin picture perfect?

My mac girls always ask what I am doing that makes my skin look so amazing :) I just tell 'em it's my secret hehe!

Now they know sadly as they read my blog LOL!


Thanks for the comment! hope to speak to you again soon!

September 4, 2008 at 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know I was in such good company! This is my HG powder too! It's the one product that's always in my purse. I've been using it for years and I'll never change!

September 4, 2008 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger Yellow Fever said...

YES YES YES it does work for yellow-toned asian skin! I used to use this powder all the time and LOVED it. I only stopped using it b/c I'm obsessed with trying new stuff hehehe ; ) Maybe I'll go get another one just because you reawakened my love for it!

September 4, 2008 at 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayvid(MUA): You got me good. I went and got this yesterday after reading your review. I like it.

BTW, I would love to get some true red velvetty lippie recs from you since you have played with so much makeup. Thanks in advance!

September 5, 2008 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi asta!

LOL me either! It's ALWAYS with me too! I hope they never axe it..I'd die!

Big Hugs!!

September 5, 2008 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi yellow fever!

How are you!?

Fantastic! That's for telling us :) It has enough beige that I thought it would work great on yellow tones!

Me too me too! But I always come back to what works for me ;) And this SO works well :)

Big Hugs!
Nice seeing you ;)

September 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Kayvid!

YAY! LOL :) I'm so pleased. I'm Glad it worked for you!

Some of my fav reds:
MAC Port Red
MAC Queen's Sin
Armani Lip Wax (Any shade but 6 is the best red)
Urban Decay lippies (Many great variations of red available)

MAC's Queen's Sin is worth tracking down..it's a killer red ;-)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the comment!

Hugs!

September 5, 2008 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger deppstar said...

hello!

what colour to take if I'm an NC20-25? Will creamy natural work on me as well?

September 6, 2008 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi deppstar!

Creamy Natural is perfect for NC20-25

I'm an NC 25 and it it's my ideal color!

Hope this helps!

September 8, 2008 at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home