Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Sep 5, 2008

Bobbi Brown Corrector Concealer Review

Miss my concealer posts? I thought I'd give you a tiny break in between posts as I was coming at you full force with all those concealers the past few weeks! But I'm back and I got a fresh round of brand new concealer reviews up my sleeve! If you haven't found your holy grail concealer yet by the end of my round up I bet you will!

Bobbi Brown truly gets props when it comes to moisturizing concealers. I'm particularly enthralled with Bobbi Brown Corrector Concealer which offers that extra coverage that you may need if you're sporting seriously dark circles. If your dark circles dominate your face and nothing you use has ever successfully covered them up, it's time to pull out the big guns!



In this case your secret weapon would be Bobbi Brown Corrector Concealer. Where as Bobbi's regular concealer works wonderfully well at concealing all your woes the corrector concealer contains extra pigmented coverage for seriously hiding EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything.

This is the party hard only slept an hour and worked all week concealer. The formula is super duper extra moisturizing so those of us with terribly dry eyes can appreciate how emollient and wonderfully easy to blend this is. Although it does crease a little bit with proper prepping and extra care when applying you should be a ok. Coverage lasts at least eight hours straight as it's waterproof, sweatproof, and end of the world nuclear bomb proof obviously Bobbi wasn't messing around when she created this one.





Although the pot is small and $22 USD in price, it'll be the best money you spent in a long time as a little goes a long way and your eyes will thank you for the extra coverage and ability to hide bags, lines, shadows, circles, and any other problem you're sporting. I'm thinking they should rename it to Indstrustrial Strength Concealer.

Honestly, this has taken the place of my beloved Benefit Boi-ing because the formula is just right for creating flawless coverage while hiding many of my under eye woes. Even on days that I'm not sporting dark circles I still reach for this to create a perfect canvas under my eyes.







I can't begin to recommend this enough! Well worth your hard cash and works as promises! Holy grail material this be!

You'll have to pry this pot out of the Muse's cold dead hands one day!



If you could pick three products to take with you on a desert island what would they be? Bobbi Brown Corrector Concealer is on the top of that list!

Grab it.

You need it.

Like now.

The Muse says so!

Tried this?

Love it?

Need it?

Want it?

Tell me all about it!



Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer Review

L'Oreal Visible Lift Concealer Review

Patricia Wexler, M.D. Instant Airbrush Concealer Pen Review

Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Concealer Review

Physicians Formula Circle RX Concealer Review

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Review

Lancome Maquicomplet Coverage Concealer Review

Jelly Pong Pong Nicola Roberts Dainty Doll Concealer Review

Clarins Instant Light Eye Perfecting Base

Eyeko Touch Up & Go Concealer

Cargo Blu_Ray Concealer Review


Lorac Double Feature Concealer Highlighter Duo Review

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Tammy M said...

Hmmm, this one reminds me of my beloved MAC Studio Finish Concealer...little pot, lasts for hours, water resistent...
I am surprised you have not tried it yet!

September 5, 2008 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey tammy!

Do you know, I never tried any mac concealers? The one or two times I attempted them in store they seemed drying!

But now you created a lem! Studio Finish eh...hmm! Must try :)

September 5, 2008 at 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muse, I have had a bit of a brainwave while reading your wonderful post! If you applied too faced shadow insurance or UDPP under neath would it stop creasing?
Also just wanted to let you know I love your blog! Here in Australia I love getting up in the morning to read your new posts!
Phoebe

September 5, 2008 at 6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, what's the difference between this corrector and the creamy concealer also fr bb?

Vel
Singapore

September 5, 2008 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Karelessly in Love said...

Much as I like your other posts, it's your concealer posts that I LOVE! I have the same requirements as you when it comes to concealers. Dark circles - check. Does not crease into fine lines - check. After your rave review on MUFE's Lift concealer, I went to get mine. I love how I can layer so many layers without it ever creasing or going into the fine lines. But I find the coverage a little on the sheer side. Still not enough.

I would love to see your review on Boi-ing which seems to be your HG for now. And also, an updated ranking of all the concealers you've tried would be so nice! :p

September 5, 2008 at 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find MAC concealers rather drying too..

hmm.. what shade is this? it looks really gorgeous. need an industrial strength concealer!

know anywhere i can lay my grubby hands on the physicians formula powder?

September 5, 2008 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello Phoebe!

Hmmm...I dunno f that would work as udpp is pretty sheer compared to the heavier formula of bb corrector. Interesting concept. Will have to try it out and see what happens :) Although I'm a bit scared of putting UDPP under my eyes not sure if it'll dry the area out or not ;)

Good suggestion though!

Thank you so much I'm so glad you enjoy my blog :) Awww thanks! I really appreciate your dropping by daily to read Musings!

Hope to hear from you again soon!

September 8, 2008 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello vel.

the corrector is much more pigmented and emollient when compared to the creamy concealer. It's much more heavier and suitable for those with extra dark, dark circles :)

Hope this helps!

September 8, 2008 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello Karelessly in Love!

Aw thanks :) Glad you're liking 'em!

Fantastic! I'm so glad you're loving the MUFE :) Mmmm maybe a bit sheer yes I'd say it's good for up to medium dark circles but nothing darker :) Maybe try putting some YSL or Dior on top of you have a click pen!

I'll definately be doing a "round up" post once I have completed all my reviews :)

Boi-ing is definately on the way for you too ;)


Thanks for the comment!

September 8, 2008 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Ann!

Amen! I can't stand 'em :P I've never every purchased one just tested in store and seen how dry they are.

This is the lightest shade..um porcelain beige I think!?


This is def industrial lol!

Sure I can grab it for you!
Email me!

September 8, 2008 at 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Muse!

Loving your concealer reviews! I'm currently searching for a better concealer/eye cream, so your reviews has been very very helpful! Many thanks!

I have been gettin more fine lines under my eyes and i'm only in my EARLY 20s!!!! =(

Any suggestion on good eyecreams and moisturizing concealers for lighter dark circles? Thanks!!

September 9, 2008 at 12:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Verdandi!

how are you love?

Great! I'm so glad you enjoyed these!

You're most welcome, it's my pleasure.

Eep. I understand I have small lines myself sigh ;(

I swear by Dr Dennese Hydrosheild. It erases fine lines and keeps the eyes nice and moisturized!

A moisturizing concealer for lighter dark circles I'd recommend the cargo blue_ray one. it's rather good for lighter coverage :)

I reviewed it already as well!

hope this helps!

Looking forward to speaking to you again soon!

September 9, 2008 at 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Muse! Gonna hop to Sephora now! =p

September 10, 2008 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

you're most welcome lovie!

but they don't see BB at sephora sadly :(

September 10, 2008 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse,

"Although it does crease a little bit with proper prepping and extra care when applying you should be a ok."

I was just wondering, what do you mean by that?

Cheers xo

January 1, 2009 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi anonymous

I was speaking of the obvious preps such as eye cream, any primers or fillers you are using, etc....

hope this helps!

Happy Weekend!

January 2, 2009 at 7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello,
Thanks for your musings. I am asian with light-medium skin and also dark undereye circles. The SA at bobbibrown recommended light peach corrector but upon putting it on, it did not brighten my circles, just looked kinda peachy. She then went on to recommend 2 other products to use with this corrector. Accordingly to the BB book, the asian girl only required a corrector to conceal her circles. My question is: Is the light peach shade right for me? and if so, do I need to purchase the other 2 ? or should i opt out for one product only and go for a lighter corrector shade? Your input is appreciated. Thanks and keep up the musings!

February 7, 2009 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there anonymous!

You're most welcome. I really don't like light peach corrector in all honestly. I always think MUA's make the wrong choice when they rec peach. If I were you I'd swatch a few shades and purchase the one that feels comfortable for you. Even if it's a lighter one.

You should try going with the concealer palette as this has two separate shades you can mix and match to create a perfect shade for your eyes :)

I hope this helps!

February 10, 2009 at 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love your reviews!! Keep it up!

I was wondering... do you use a concealer on top of the corrector? Or just finish with powder?

Thanks!

March 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi audrey!

thank you so much!

Um depends. I debate with myself if I really need concealer on top as the corrector is so bloody pigmented. Most times I go without concealer in favor of using the corrector as my concealer :)

Hope this helps.

Also I finish with a light dusting of pure white powder of some kind be it MUFE HD powder or something else...I find that works best at brightening my eye area and setting the corrector :-D

March 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

I've read about your reviews on Bobbi Brown Corrector Concealer & Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer.

I did drop by BB's counter to check out on these, and the MAU told me that I need to get both Concealers.

I am a little confused now, can I just get the Corrector and use it as a concealer like what you replied to one of the comments?

Hope to get a reply from you soon.

With love from singapore, gen

May 17, 2009 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi gen!

Yes I've heard this alot from MAU's and honestly I don't think you need both. I find that the corrector wakes up my sleepy eyes and conceals perfectly without buying the concealer as well. You can get both in the concealer palette if it's available in Singapore.

I use the corrector as a concealer without any probs :-D

Hope this helps lovie!

Cheers!

May 18, 2009 at 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for the reply.

The concealer palette, seems complicated.
I guess, it's better for me to just get the corrector.

Once again. THANK YOU! <3

May 19, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home