Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 21, 2008

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Tropical Coolers



These are worthy of a mention. Behold, Victoria's Secret New Beauty Rush line up entitled Tropical Coolers:



I'm not going to say these are amazing because they are sadly not. However, I was drawn in when I seen the display and scent selection. I found myself heading to the till to pay for three bottles while struggling to hold them all in my arms. I made it safely there and before I knew it I had shelled out $24 USD and tax.

I've tried Victoria's Beauty Rush Body Double Mist before but as I said I was tempted by these new scents. If you're unfamiliar with these they are simply a dual layer fragrance that mixes a fragranced water base with a fragranced oil base. This basically translates as you're getting a moisturizing scented body spray!

They work fabulous on wet skin and it's kinda the feeling of a dry oil spray that conditions, softens, and leaves behind a gorgeous scent.

Sadly, the thing that I dislike about these is the scent doesn't linger nearly as long as I'd like. When you spray on the first time you get a super healthy amount of fragrance that smells both fresh and fruity however the staying powder is zero and within an hour you'll need to retouch up sadly. This could be my body chemistry that sucks the scent right in but it does happen to my sister too so I'm not the only one experiencing the problem with these!

I'm quite upset at this because I do generally love the scents they put out and I've tried virtually all of 'em but they don't linger at all!

The three that sucked me in were from a new line entitled Tropical Coolers. It's three new scents that are called Lotta Colada, Punchy, and Mango Madness! All three are super duper sweet and fruity and true to the name.

Shown below after being shaken. Once shaken the oil and water base combine to create a beautifully, conditioning body spray!






For the price you can't really not avoid picking up one or two up to try out. They aren't nearly so nice to tote around in your bag for touch ups since they are so big.

They really smell sincerely heavenly....now if we can convince Victoria's Secret to make them a touch stronger we'd have a winner here!

Tried these?

Love 'em?

Not so much?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, makes me want to check them out! I have a few fav's from VS. The Very Sexy perfume and the Love Spell body stuff, as well as the Strawberries and Champagne. mmmmmm.

July 21, 2008 at 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no.. they look so pretty.. I have for Beauty rush-scents and they're.. well.. ok. Oh so pretty.. must.. resist..

July 22, 2008 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Love spell! My flavorite. I wish they'd release it in a higher concentrate so it lingers longer!!!

VS perfume is lovely too!

These are kinda meh but I really dig the smell for the time it does last!

July 22, 2008 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

mizz x they are really pretties ;)

but the scent is kinda meh :P I wish it would last longer darn it!

July 22, 2008 at 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg why dont you guys have the purple one fo those???

December 14, 2008 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous.

yup...I believe that's grape..we have that one :)

December 15, 2008 at 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have the beauty rush appletini, slice of heaven, and candy baby. they all smell so good, but barely last by the time i walk out the door. the new blue beauty rush looks so pretty! i want it. has anyone tried out the victoria's secret PINK perfume?

April 16, 2009 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous!

me too :( i love love them but my skin sucks the scent right in :( I have to literally hose myself down for it to last for 20 mins at best :(

haven't tried pink but my sister is a big lover of all the pink stuff :D

April 23, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home