Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 21, 2008

Beauty Bytes

Hello World!

How was your weekend?

The Muse is not so bright eyed and bushy tailed this very hot, humid morning! Yawn!

I have a slew of comments to get through this morning! I promise to get to each and everyone as the day progresses today. I was happy to read your excitement over the new Bare Escentuals Rocker Eye Kit. It truly is a fab kit!

I'm a little behind in posts this morning but stop back later this evening for a full round up of new posts and reviews! I have a few items up my sleeve for today including a review of Jelly Pong Pong's new Lip Cushion which is currently topping my favorite list!

My Tivo decided to commit suicide last week. The hard drive completely shot out which totally made me want to throw it out the window. This is about the 4th time the HD has gone on my Tivo. It seems to have a knack for happening every two years or so. Truly it peeves the holy hell out of me but I am grateful it didn't happen during Fall prime season. While I was waiting for the new drive kit I ordered to replace the dead one my sister was kind enough to do season passes for my must watch Summer TV list. This morning around 1 am I finally got around to sitting down to watch Doctor Who and crack open my Tivo with a screw driver to replace the drive. Sadly, I didn't get around to doing the surgery since I was absolutely riveted by the good Doctor yet again!

David was in top form this week and I think this week's episode was a rather marvelous intro for Davros to make his big appearance. I'm excited to see him and aside from the Master he's one of my all time favorite villains. I haven't seen the character since the 80's so I'm looking forward to seeing how he evovled. I found myself pulling out Genesis of the Daleks last night but stopped myself as the hour was growing rather late. Although I hate to say it I'm loving how Catherine Tate has portrayed Donna Noble. I wasn't her biggest supporter when she boarded the Tardis this season but I am routing for her in a major way as the season closes, she's really stepped up to the plate. Although Rose kept the Doctor's dark side at bay I find myself considering how much better a job Donna did of it almost in a motherly way.

Anyway I imagine you don't want to listen to my babblings about the Doctor and I can go on for ages if I don't stop myself right now.

Doctor Who is very English and I'll tell you who else is quite English, the girls at Kiss and Makeup.

Have you been to visit them today? Zara, the Muse's very favorite editor at Kiss and Makeup, had the chance to play around with Urban Decay's Book of Shadows Palette. Although we won't get to see this gorgeous palette until October you can visit with Zara and see close up shots of this killer palette!

Right now we can all sigh in absolute envy and jealously that Zara's playing around with this gorgeous palette while we have to wait months to see it!

So allow your Muse, if I may, to present to you this week's Beauty Byte and direct you over to Kiss and Makeup's gorgeous site to have a first look at Urban Decay's Book of Shadows! Click!



Kiss and Makeup Exclusive: First Look at Urban Decay's Book of Shadows Palette!

I love it.

I want it.

I need it.

Loving this palette?

Love Urban Decay?

Getting excited for the next two episodes of Who?

Tell the Muse!

Labels:

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh!!! I'm so excited about the palette. Cant wait for it to be out. :) I love the palette i got.

July 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Gemma said...

It was definitely a good day chez Kiss and Makeup when Zara got out the Urban Decay. I think we're all too in love with the packaging to actually *use* it though.

On another note...the fact you've combined beauty and Doctor Who in one blog makes me love you more than ever. Make sure you let us know what you think of the finale. There was a lot of squealing from me, but a lot of eye-rolling too.

Jack's back though. Always a silver lining!

July 21, 2008 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just love you're site!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't crazy about Catherine Tate as the new companion for series 4. I thought she was shrill and annoying in the Runaway Bride. Now I've completely changed my mind about her. Her performance thus far has been outstanding. I had no idea she had such range. Looking forward to the season finale : )

July 21, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger *Jen* said...

I love Donna but I still miss Rose!

July 21, 2008 at 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes! Love it - want it - need it :)

July 21, 2008 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya serene!

me too!!!!!!!!!!! I think I really want this!!!!!!
=-)

Must have! Yummie

July 21, 2008 at 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh i saw this post the other day - I can't wait for this to come out, easily their most prettyful palette ever & I'm already a huge fan of theirs.
I have 2 already ( the deluxe and whatever the one with the skull is called lol ) so if there are a lot of dupes in this one I may be less interested.
Happy Monday musey :) x

July 21, 2008 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Gemma! Hi :)

I just stopped by your site and obviously we got a fellow Who fan here! I shall do my "squeeeeealll" of excitement as I haven't yet seen the finale so the excitement and suspense is killing me :)

You guys are so lucky to get to play with the UD palette! Ugh! Me wants it now ;)

Do click around here and you'll notice more than one post that's who related ;)

Oh don't worry I'll def let you guys know :) I'm looking forward to Jack being back =-) John Barrowman in any format is happy days for the Muse lol!

Cheers and thanks for the comment! love your blog! Will link you up here if it's alright!

Hugs!

July 21, 2008 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Jen!

Thank you kindly missus :)

Honey she was annoying as hell in the Runaway Bride and I cringed when I heard she was making a run in the Tardis but damn has she improved since. She's wonderful and I actually like her very much as a companion! i'm particularly smitten with the way they are always having to explain that "they aren't together in THAT way" lol! Cracks me up!

I sincerely had no idea how well she'd do with that and it's been a brilliant run and I'll miss her very much when she's gone!

Thanks for the comment! I love speaking to fellow Who fans :)

July 21, 2008 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya jen!

I miss rose badly but it was nice to see her back this week and how much she's matured! She's quite holding her own at the moment isn't she?!

I do adore how well Catherine has adapted to the part. Going from skits to who has to be a hard undertaker. Well done on her part.

July 21, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya lipgloss bitch!

I NEEDSSSSSSSSS it like now heheh!

July 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Dr. Who, have you checked out Aimee Major Steinberger's Livejournal:

http://aimeekitty.livejournal.com/

I think you two would get along just fine.

PS: You don't call, you don't write? And you wonder why our marriage is on the rocks!

July 21, 2008 at 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so wasn't bright eyed and bushy tailed today. I got some eye cream in my eye yesterday when I was doing an extra moisturizing day, and woke up with my eye swollen shut. After ice and anti-inflammatory, I was able to go to work today, but couldn't wear my contacts. I've been taking anti-inflammatory all day and while the eye and the sinus cavity under the eye hurts, the eye is getting better. There's my dorky Monday for you. I hope yours was better ;)

July 21, 2008 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Haru said...

Dear Izzy,

wow, that Urban Decay palette is out-of-this-world gorgeous! Think I'll need to beg for a CP for it soon!

Also, I'm sending you a small package in the mail today. Look out for it! Hint: it's Korean goodies :-)

July 21, 2008 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

Beh, I saw them, I have interest in the recycled one, but then...I sorta don't. Haha. If it had X in there, I'd totally buy.

July 22, 2008 at 1:15 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey thanks Mandy!
I read a ton of user fiction on LJ who style.

This is awesome ;)

I lurve you I do but you refuse to use modern technology. damn you! you need ims how wes supposed to has cyber with out damn you!

July 22, 2008 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oh no dd!

Nothing that dramatic for me! Sheesh what kinda eye cream was it? I've done it before but never had a prob!

Ouch poor girl! Hope you're better today!

Hugs!

July 22, 2008 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey iris!

Two comments in one day ;) I'm a lucky girl *MWAH*

Aww thank you honey! Funny you say as much as I have one of the lippies from VS to send you that I blogged last week =-) Great minds think alike!

Anything else you are craving from here I can send along with it?

Oh yes I'd happily get the UD palette for you! It'll be our year reunion from the Tarte We Wish you Wealth :) hehe!

July 22, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I wants it Sarah stop being a killjoy lol!

Actually go on..you're damn good for my wallet girl!

Hugs!

July 22, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

lol, I wanted it too...but since X isn't in there I don't. unless someone else buys it. cos Im a cheap ass, HAHAHAHA.

I love being good for wallets [and bad at the same time :D] n.n!

July 22, 2008 at 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, my eye being messed up is all embarressing. I used Aveeno's Positively Radiant Eye Brightening Cream on sunday. I apparently got some IN my eye, but as I was going to nap, I tried to get as much out as possible and then went off to nap. I woke up with my eye hurting. Monday morning it was pretty close to swelled shut, so I iced it, took anti-inflammatory, did eye drops, etc. Last night it was bad, and had what I thought was a stye (but apparently wasn't), so I put a hot compress on it. This morning the thing was gone but my eye was still swollen, so I went to my dr. My dr said I had an allergic reaction to the eye cream and to stop using it. He said that my allergic reaction gave me an infection, which is why my eye area is all red and swollen (and I look scary), so he wrote me a prescription for ammoxacilin, and told me to keep doing hot compresses and eye drops and anti-inflammatory pills.

Btw, I am so sorry to hear about your TiVo! We're TiVo Addicts (and I do have the latest Dr. Who to watch, as well as Secret Diary of a Call girl with Billy Piper), and were very early adopters of TiVo, and have had a life time subscription for close to 8 years, I think. My husband even got a job offer from them when we lived in California (he's a senior software programmer). So we've always had TiVo. I wouldn't have been able to keep up with my Buffy the Vampire Slayer Addiction without TiVo when I was in college.

As far as the eye cream goes, I'm supposed to pitch it and all other Aveeno products, my dr is worried that there's some additive they don't list that is causing such a nasty reaction. I brought him my bottle of eye cream and it doesn't list the ingredients on it, so he really didn't like that. But I didn't see anything in the original ingredient list that I'd be allergic to. Bleh. Back to Oil of Olay stuff for me, I'd been using that stuff for almost 10 years and never had a problem.

How's your Tuesday going? Now that I'm no longer at the doctor, it's remarkably better for me :P

July 22, 2008 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sarah!

LOL I need you to manage my money darlin'!

July 23, 2008 at 12:48 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd!

What a nightmare!!!!!!! Jesus it sounds awful lovie. I'm so sorry :(

I hope it's clearing up for you now! Sheesh! I've gotten worst in my eye than that and never had a prob!

poor thing :(

ugh life without tivo would be scary lol! Last eppy I seen was the threesome one which kinda had me wanting her to get together with ben although I doubt that'll happen!

Who I'm happily caught up on and eager for the next two eppy's but I fear they'll cut the last one down. It was 90 mins in UK so have to buy the dvds to get the full effect!

I've had mine about the same time too. I used to have the original humex stand alone with like 25-30 hours lmao :)

That's awesome! Be cool working for tivo hehe!

I've swatched on and off from so many eye creams lately it's surreal. I'm trying to find a good one to depuff. I'm sticking to japanese for now!

Sorry for the delay so I'll reply instead with my wed...lol...my wed is going well busy as hell as alway s but I'm great!


I'm glad you're doing well! hope it cleared up some lovie!

Hugs!

July 23, 2008 at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home