Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 18, 2008

L'Oreal's Sublime Bronze Pro Perfect Airbrush Self Tanning Mist Review

I imagine as a Beauty Blogger I'm supposed to boldly go where no man...errr...I mean woman has gone before.

Well in my case I am boldly going where I've never gone before! Sorry to disappoint but I'm positive a hundred other Beauty Bloggers have gone down this journey before but the good news is you now have my official take on a subject I detest with a passion.



Can you guess the subject?

Tanning.

Ugh.

The sun, bronzing, tanning....I HATE it all!

However, since I'm such a sport I decided to test out L'Oreal's Sublime Bronze Pro Perfect Airbrush Self Tanning Mist. Bloody hell that's a mouthful isn't it?

I'd never, ever try out a spray bronzer unless I truly loved you right? Right. I'm awesome aren't I? Go on tell me what an awesome blogger I am.

Lord.

Well...what's to say....

It's actually really difficult for me to say "OH MY GOD I HATE THIS" because I actually don't hate it. I hate the way it made my skin look but that's me being bias against tanning, bronzing, the sun, etc...etc.....hey you can't teach an old dog new tricks! I don't like tanned skin and you won't change my mind on the subject now pass the SPF 550 and shut up!

Spray, Spray, Spray your way to a beautiful tan!


But....

I will say only good things about this because it has some serious key pro points to it. First of all it's cheap as day old chips and actually for it's inexpensive price tag it works. Gasp, shock, WOW!

Honestly, it really does work. $10 USD and you got yourself a killer tan minus harmful UV rays! Wahooo! I'm all over it or I would be if I liked the tanned look. I tested this on the underside of my arm and only applied once. I sprayed it on Sunday night and although the bottle says to keep spraying 1 to 2 times a week to touch up I think I'm good to go as it hasn't faded since application. This is great news for those of you seeking a long wearing tan but not so good for me as I'm sporting an arm that's half tanned...can you say goofy?



It's actually really easy to use which impressed me as this is my first time using a product like this. Exfoliate and spray! That's it. The spray is a clear liquid which turns into a brown, orangey shade over night (I read a few other reviews that said they seen a color change within 30 minutes but I seen nothing until the next day!). You won't see the results right away but come morning you'll be sporting some serious color.



Honestly, one fault is that the color doesn't entirely look natural but since you'll likely be using this on your legs mostly and maybe your arms it should be ok plus doesn't everyone always crow about how slimming your legs appear when tanned! Liquid spray on diet? Waiter, can I has some more of this stuff? I'm not entirely sure I'd recommend it for a very fair skinned girl. I tested it in medium so I'd say take a step down from medium if you're lighter tone however if you're medium fair or darker this should look good!

Pros:

  • Cheap as bloody hell! $9.99 USD and you should be able to do both legs and both arms as well! You might even have a bit left over for touching up!
  • Applies easy! No mess, quick drying!
  • Fantastic staying power so far without touch ups!

Cons:

The color is a bit iffy so do a test spot prior to spraying an entire leg and realizing that the shade is so NOT you!

All in all I'm shocked to say that this stuff isn't as bad as I originally pegged it out to be!

Would I Muse Approve it? No! The Muse does not approve of tanning even if it's in a spray bottle hehe! Would I use it again? Sure, why not I could afford to look slimming, gorgeous, and tanned....maybe...kinda.....sorta.....

Try it out! You can't really go wrong for the price and if you enjoy a good tan what better and safer way to look like you just hopped off a plane from Mexico!

Love spray tans?

Hate 'em?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger nilla cookie said...

Love your honest review, Muse! I'm all about the self tanner so I'm going to try this fo' shizz :)

June 18, 2008 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey cookie :)

It was kinda fun testing this out. At first I was "oh NO!!!!!" but after I tried it I had a bit of fun!

The girl's at Kiss and Makeup had a blast with a different brand. She not only did her own legs but her boyfriend's entire chest! Was a funky review!

June 19, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Beauty Addict said...

Hey Muse, we hardly ever sport any tanning sprays, lotion etc here on our sunny island.

The sunny sun is here all year around(too much I might add) so it makes sense we aren't getting any tanning sprays.

Maybe one day someone will invent bottling up sun rays that way u guys can get a tan look all year round minus the streaky sprays and horrible smell :p

gracie

June 19, 2008 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey gracie.

That's not b/c it's hot and sunny that's b/c you're all a smart lot lol!

Tanning STINKS hehe!

Not too bad on the smell with this and was shocked it didn't turn into some gross streaky mess ;)

I figure I have to try everything once in life and this happened to be my one time test lol!

It actually DOES work which was shocking! I expected a big mess!

June 19, 2008 at 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
i really like it v kool

June 20, 2008 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there again beautyaddict1 :)

It's an interesting little product to be honest!

Happy Weekend!

June 20, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home