Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 17, 2008

Summer Makeup Must Haves: RedPoint Airbrush Effects BlushWhip Review


I got my hands on a pot of RedPoint Airbrush Effects BlushWhip recently which is turning into my Summer Must Have Makeup item!



RedPoint Beauty has a score of products I'm highly interested in getting my hands on and truly I can't resist all that shiny red packaging so I imagine my credit card is jumping out of my wallet in excitement as the prospect of a new line of cosmetics.

My first peek at RedPoint Airbrush Effects BlushWhip had me gagging to try it out and all its promises of a bright, fresh complexion had me hyper to test it out.





The product offers a whole lot of everything! Think of the perfect cream blush now think of a cream blush that will diminish the appearance of large pores, add moisture to dry skin, and diminish lines and wrinkles.

Does it do all this?

I'm not sure. I don't have very large pores so whether or not this erases pesky pores is lost on my skin sadly. Does it add moisture? Yes! I'm quite happy about this as my skin is dry and the product glides on wonderfully well leaving a beautiful sheen of color in its wake! Are my lines and wrinkles gone? Not sure on this either as I don't yet sport any lines or wrinkles on my face but the blush does contain peptide so it's claim of smoothing out annoying lines may be quite true!

The product advertises itself as a "just pinched" blush but I felt like it gave me more of a sunkissed, healthy glow rather than the "pinched" look I'm known for! Granted, I tried the color Glow which is a peachy bronze color and the other color available is Vida which is a rosy shade. Vida may likely give me a "pinched" look but I definately ended up with a healthy, sunny look when sporting Glow!



When I read the description and seen the promo images I automatically assumed that the blush was a gel like substance. It isn't really a gel but more of a very creamy blush. It's quite thick and a little bit goes a long way! I highly suggest using a smidge to start and slowly adding more to build the color up. It glides on wonderfully well for those with dry skin however it does take a second or so to dry which brought up my concern for those with oily skin. I'm not entirely sure if I recommend this to those of you with oily skin as the texture and finish of the product is not quite matte. I felt like the finish of the product was a "sheen" of color comparably to what you'd see Jennifer Lopez looking like on a hot, humid night. I'm positive you know what I mean? That burst of color on her cheeks with a bit of sweat mingled on her skin to give her that very sexy, touched by the sun glow. Warning: I DID not look like JLo after application so don't get your hopes up! I haven't yet tried it but the product can be used on eyes and lips as well as cheeks. I felt like my cheeks were "bouncy" and "cheeky" after use if that makes any sense!

Some of you may be slightly turned off by the fact that this comes in a jar and its all about dipping your fingers in. As you know I'm utterly anal about this so I'd totally appreciate a squeeze type bottle or tube for this bad boy as I fear the angry gods of cosmetic bacteria and germs! Aside from the fact I'm dipping my fingers in I do love the bright red packaging and heavy plastic jar! Quite a nice little display item for your vanity.

The product is very pigmented and the color lasts pretty much all day. I wasn't out in the sun too long today but it is pretty humid out and the color stayed intact until about 6:30 in the evening or so after being applied at 7 this morning! Not bad. I didn't touch up at all and once I got home I took a quickie "after" picture and I was still looking quite healthy and glowy!

I failed to mention one exciting thing about the blush, for shame Muse! The blush contains light diffusing pigments which caused a beautiful sparkle on my cheeks. It almost looked like a very faint shimmer of silver! It really lit my face up! I took some swatches but sadly you can't really see the faint gleam of the blush! The swatches aren't on this post but I'll upload them shortly.



I did a very simple Face of the Day which consisted of Benefit's Rebel Light Tinted Moisturizer, curling my lashes (no mascara), a swipe of MAC Tendertone lip balm, and this blush on my cheeks.



All in all I really am enjoying this blush and it's made my Summer Makeup Must Have list! It's simple to apply, blends evenly and smoothly, it's very long wearing and pigmented, and it's moisturizing for my dry skin (perfect Winter blush anyone?).

RedPoint Airbrush Effects BlushWhip is available now for $28 USD from RedPoint Beauty!

Tried it before?

Want to?

Interested in RedPoint's new line?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blusher's looking great on you babe! :)

Hugs!!!

June 17, 2008 at 10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks GREAT on you. really, very natural. unfortunately this brand isn't available in portugal :(
kiss.

June 17, 2008 at 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am IN LOVE with this blush and I have oily cheeks. I didn't find that it added oiliness at all.

Can I just say how pretty you look in that picture? I love seeing you in all your brightly colored, glitterfied glory, but this fresh, natural look is really beautiful.

June 17, 2008 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw shucks serene thanks darlin'!

Big hugs!

Hey awake is on sale at bbw if you need anything give a yell!

June 17, 2008 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

olá rita!

Aw thanks!!!!! *hugs* Shoot :( I wish it was available here I'd offer a cp...but sadly the stain hasn't been released on our end as of yet!

Hugs darlin'!

June 17, 2008 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya toya!!!!! Missed you! *hugs*

Oh good to know! I felt like it was very wet and slick so I wasn't sure how it would fair on an oily skin type :) Good to know it works well!

You're a darlin' *blush* Thanks so much! I appreciate they lovely comment :) Made my day ;)

Huge hugs! Hope you are well and enjoying the warm weather ;)

June 17, 2008 at 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I feel about the blush, but I do loves your green top!

June 17, 2008 at 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks so natural on you. Wish we had this stuff here in Australia :(

June 18, 2008 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

well thanks ya mandy ;)

the blush is interesting and different...it's very light so I am loving it for Summer ;)

June 18, 2008 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks dancinggal!

aw poo :( wonder if they ship abroad?

June 18, 2008 at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home