Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 8, 2008

When Beauty on a Budget, Goes WRONG!: Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Review

Prestige Cosmetics is a low end makeup that's available in a few drugstores stateside. You may or may not be privy to this line of cosmetics.

Recently while purchasing my Milani Wet/Dry Eyeshadow haul I came across the Prestige Skin Loving Minerals display. The display had quads of eyeshadows and a few blushes. I think I was blindsided by all the pretty swirls in the blush because I ended up purchasing one.



The packaging was nice enough. The blush came in a pretty simple yet nice clear compact. The cost was pretty nice as well at $6.49 USD. And the blush appeared to be pigmented enough! The bright beautiful pink with swirls of gold really got me excited.

But that's about all the pros of the product because quality is absolute garbage. I can't believe it's legal to sell trash like this. The blush is not pigmented at all! It's silky enough but when you apply it basically appears as if you are using a translucent powder or something! You get NO color at all from the blush!



This is when Beauty on a Budget goes terribly wrong!

I seriously can't help but whine that I lost $6.49 plus tax on such a trashy product! Total rant but seriously it was like flushing money down the toilet!

Grrr!

See? Now you know why I stay away from drugstore cosmetics!

A fair warning if you walk into your local drugstore and are wow'ed by the gorgeous display of Prestige Skin Loving Minerals! Don't buy! Keep away! They may look pretty but they seriously are not worth your hard earned cash!




The Muse says don't buy these!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Wow, I almost picked this up over the weekend- good thing I didn't! It should also be Illegal to sell that small of a compact for $10...that's just not kosher. I almost bought an eyeshadow but those were $10 too- for that amount I might as well pick up a MAC single. Thanks for the advice! I will definitely pass on this!

April 8, 2008 at 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? What? What's wrong with them? I need details of trashiness!

April 8, 2008 at 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blerk! Never mind...I just read through the blurb between the two pictures. Thirty lashes to be applied immediately for interweb snafu.

April 8, 2008 at 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. I wouldn't have thought y'all have Prestige as well. It's here in the UK, never bought it though as i'm not really a fan of budget brands. I just don't trust them.

Oh, have you tried the Skincolor De La Mer powder? I hear it's really scrumptous and has the same staying power as the Dior Extreme FX but slightly better because it's moisturising as well and gives your face a certain glow. Kinda like wearing a luminous or irridiscent powder. Apparently it makes skin look flawless as well.

I'm thinking of getting the translucent shade but it's like £55!!! Sheesh.

April 8, 2008 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger ♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

thanks for your review... their mineral shadows must be crap too!

April 8, 2008 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Tanya Annette *hugs*

PHEW! you saved yourself some money!

$10!? Holy cow where are you located?

It's $6.49 for the blusher not sure of the eyeshadow. $10 I'd really be on the floor crying LOL!

Definately stick to MAC these are CRAP! Garbage! Sheesh! I was so pissed at how awful they were!

April 8, 2008 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey mags!

LOL

I tend to hide my reviews inbetween pictures :)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are awful ugh! Do not WANT!

We'll spare you only 15 lashes this time;)

April 8, 2008 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya Allysia-May!

Ya sure we do hehehe. I don't buy budget either but I've sorta been sneaking in a few items here and there lately but this caught me by surprise at how bad it was!

Really a waste of cash!

I haven't tried Skincolor no. Hmmmm me want. I'm extensively testing the Extreme FX and should have a review for it shortly btw :)

Hmmm now I want some of this! Any reviews you recommend me reading before purchasing?!

damn! how much is it here? prob cheaper I'm sure!

:( UK prices BLAH!

April 8, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey nics how are you my dear girl!

Indeed! absolute rubbish!

April 8, 2008 at 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hun,

not fair how y'all get it cheaper. If i'm going to buy it, i'll wait till summer so i can get it on duty free before boarding a flight. I saw 2 reviews on it, can't find one of them but here's a link to the other. You'll need to scroll down a lil bit aiight

http://www.palacinka.com/best-face-powders.html

April 8, 2008 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Thanks Tanya, Prestige is actually sold here in manila in a very nice and good "location" and "lighting". They don't look "drugstorish" as there in the US. So thanks for the heads up, with the cute simple packaging, I may give in and it costs a whole lot more here !

April 9, 2008 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya Allysia-May!

How are you me love?

We are specials hehehe!

MMMMMMM sounds promising from that review!! Which brings me to a slightly new topic. Have you tried LM's Brightening Eye Powder? I read about it on Toya's blog and was fascinated by the idea of it!

April 9, 2008 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Askmewhats!

DONT DO IT! It's not GOOD I swear it isn't lol!

April 9, 2008 at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home