Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 4, 2009

L'Oreal Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara Review

I'm almost positive L'oreal Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara isn't going to change my cosmetic life any time soon but it's decent enough for a $6.99 mascara...likey budget right?


Check it after the review!

Many of my friends aren't as heavily into makeup as I am and some that do like (but not love) makeup think that a throw away drugstore mascara is the ideal solution to not spending $20-$30 on a high street brand. It's understandable especially if you're as anal as I am about germs. I won't touch mascara after 3 to 4 months simply because I'm worried about what's breeding inside the tube so it seems sensible to head to the drugstore to score mascara as that way we aren't shelling out ridiculous amounts of cash for something we'll toss out anyway within in a few months.

I'm not of the mentality that cheaper is better even in cases of mascara. I do so love a good brand name mascara that sets me back $20 or more dollars as I see good, solid results with said product. Am I alone? Maybe.

If you happen to fall into the "I don't want to spend more than $10 bucks on a mascara" group you can try out L'Oreal Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara for around $7 bucks and call it a day. Like I said it's not going to change your cosmetic life but it's inexpensive and it does what it says to some extent.

The plus side of the formula is it's richly pigmented and truly black. I love mascara that's really rich and deep black it's the perfect companion to a smoky eye. This sells me right off the bat in regards to that. It promises 12x's your normal lash length...ummm not really. It does a decent job of lengthening but nothing that has me jumping up and down shouting, "Yes!" while doing a fist pump. For the most part the finished results are very natural, softer, fuller curls. If that's your look you'll love this. The brush applicator makes mascara application a snap as it glides on to lashes perfectly while lengthening and plumping. I don't see dramatic curl results with this but it does wear well without smudging or flaking.








Overall, it's noting I got too hyped over but it's decent enough for the price. I'm not a fan of the "natural" lash look and prefer a more dramatic look so that could be one reason I'm not thrilled. If you like your lashes to look fuller and longer while still remaining very natural this might very well be a great one to try. For the price it really can't break the bank to give it a whirl.

Have you tried L'Oreal Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara?

Loves it?

Leaves it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haven't tried it but YOU make me want to!! cause you're sporting my favorite kind of lashes! volumized and lengthened and curled!

gotta find if they have the waterproof version..

August 4, 2009 at 9:50 PM  
Anonymous fembot said...

hey muse! i tried this brand and it FLAKED all over my eyes. yuk. i threw it away immediately. maybe i just got a bad tube?

August 5, 2009 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Muse,

I reviewed this mascara a while ago when it just hit the market. It's a decent mascara and I notice some lifts. Whenever I use it, I don't need an eyelash curler at all!

Your eyes are so round and cute, they look like Bambi's :)

August 5, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Giselle said...

i really wanted to like this mascara and i do, except for the fact that it doesn't hold a curl too well. but then again, nothing really does for me :( but i like the look on you muse!

August 5, 2009 at 7:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey www :-D

You'll LOVE this than :-D very soft lash look!

August 6, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

ew fembot how terrible. No flaking problems but I read a review that said this dries out fast.

August 6, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe dao thanks :-D I heart bambi!

I really didn't like it much sadly :P too soft a look for me. I like dramatic hardcore lashes :D

August 6, 2009 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks giz :-D

I wasn't impressed either sigh...I like more dramatic looking lashes this was just very natural and soft.

didn't hold my curl either :P

August 7, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home