Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Aug 4, 2009

Clinique Bamboo Pink Collection Review and Swatches


I believe it was 1930, when the Muse was still a fresh faced teenager, that she hauled her first real live counter lipstick. That lipstick happened to be Clinique Bamboo Pink. Isn't Bamboo Pink such a timeless classic that never goes out of style? Truly Clinique put the shade on the map for many a fan and I imagine at least one or two of you out there consider it your HG (holy grail) color of choice. With it's deep tone of nude pink it's just one of those shades that begs at the door of gorgeous.

Clinique realizes all of this. They realize they have a sure fire hit on their hands with Bamboo Pink, they realize how many fans of Bamboo Pink are out there, and cheeky, smart little company they are they released an incredible collection themed for the color.

Fabulous? Yes.

Check it after the jump!

Although it's a Summer Collection, Clinique Bamboo Pink will get you through Fall, right into the long, cold Winter, and back into the warm weather again as the color just works well with anything you throw it's way.

You have to hurry if you want this as it is available for a very short time although the Muse thinks they should keep it a permanent collection.

The collection consists of Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Colour in Bamboo Pink ($29.50), Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad in Bamboo Pink ($25), Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Bamboo Pink ($14), and Clinique Powder Brush ($30).

The collection is really worthy of a look at in my opinion as it creates a rather fresh, radiant look. The colors all work well together to create a warm, sophisticated look. Each piece in the collection is crafted in a bamboo like design in keeping with the theme.

For my look below I used the Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad to create a beautiful, dramatic eye look. The colors are all intense and pigmented. They have a slight shimmer finish but for the most part are very velvet and buttery smooth. They blend like an absolute dream and have incredible color pay off. The shades all range in shades of pink that can be used alone or blended together. The shadow has almost a creamy formula and wears very well on the eye.




















On my face I'm wearing the Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Colour in Bamboo Pink. You can use this to highlight or to act as a blush. It gives a luminous glow to skin with a nude pink color pay off if you're using it as a blush.








On my lips is Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in Bamboo Pink which is a fantastic lipstick. Highly moisturizing, glides on like a gloss and feels incredible on the lips with excellent color pay off. Bamboo Pink is such a timeless shade for lips and it pairs beautifully well for finishing the completed look!












Sadly I wasn't thrilled with the Clinique Powder Brush. This was scratchy on my face and shed a fair bit. It applied the Allover Colour quite well but the scratchy bristles irritated me and I'll probably end up tossing it in a draw and forgetting about it quickly because of this.




Overall, count this Muse impressed with the whole collection. Honestly, I don't favor this completed look for Summer as it's a little to warm but I'll be sporting this happily in the Fall as I think it makes a rather killer rosy, glowing look for the cooler weather!




Anyone haul this collection?

Wanting to?

Are you a Bamboo Pink fan?

Tell the Muse!

The Bamboo Pink Collection is available now at Clinique counters and online.

Big Muse Approval for the lipstick and eye palette! Those are my two favorite pieces.


Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

The eye shadows look great on you :)

August 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i especially love the e/s quad, it looks very pretty!
but from my experience, clinique e/s left a bit to be desired in the staying power department :(

but they offer beautiful neutral color combination thoough.

August 4, 2009 at 10:16 PM  
Anonymous cloudburst said...

I love the bamboo themed packaging - and the shadow palette, all over colour & lipstick. Yikes!

August 5, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Marce said...

Oh pretty! The colours look really nice on you. I've never tried Bamboo Pink before :o
I do have the duo Cream Shaper for eyes, it's great isn't it?! Are you planning to review it?

August 5, 2009 at 3:11 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks dd :-D

August 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey www!

Loves it too :-D oily lids by chance? My sis brought a quad from clinique and it slipped and slid right off her eye even after using udpp! I blame it on her oily lids :-D they wore very well on me thankfully but than again almost everything does thanks to UDPP! love that stuff bestest primer ever!

August 5, 2009 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe cloudburst :-D it's a rather cute little collection. like the bamboo theme too!

August 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi marce!

ooo you should. It was my first lipstick shade :-D

yes eep! i have it but forgot to include in the post *smacks forehead*

August 5, 2009 at 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

Lolz, I have Bamboo Pink in my lipstick drawer =)
Its so dang pretty & buttery.

August 5, 2009 at 7:27 PM  
Blogger Mollie said...

The eyeshadow palette looks pretty, but I'm still gunning for the new Too Faced palette! ;) When I tried the Bamboo Pink lip color, it totally washed me out, unfortunately. I didn't expect that it would. I ended up giving it to my mom, who then promptly converted to liking Clinique!

Clinique, for me, is very hit or miss- even the skincare. In the past I used the blush in Cupid- but everything else I've tried wasn't very flattering color-wise. It seems to me they try a little too hard to make their shades "universal" or wearable which makes them physically dull. I don't mean, like, chalky- just lackluster. Weird undertones.

It sucks, because my skin is very sensitive and the first thing lots of doctors and sales reps recommend is Clinique. Honestly their three-step system irritated the heck out of my face. I MUCH, much prefer Korres stuff when I can afford to go HE for skincare. Its never irritated me, and it makes my skin glowy.

August 6, 2009 at 2:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe jessie I think everyone and their mum has it :-D It's such a universal shade of yum!

August 6, 2009 at 11:38 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning finch!

God yes I LOVE that palette def grab the too faced :-D
Interesting as I always find that PB looks great on everyone :-D

awww sorry you haven't had a great experience with Clinique. I haven't indulged in too much of the line so I can't speak for all of it. I've tried shadows, glosses and always had a fairly ok experience.

It's not mac but it's nice enough!

I adore Korres too! :-D good stuff!

August 6, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home