Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 30, 2009

Sneak Peeks: Bobbi Brown Ivy League Collection Review and Swatches

Oh. my. god. The Muse is so about the Bobbi Brown Ivy League Collection! I told you a bit about the collection yesterday and popped a sneak peek of my FOTD today on Twitter.




For Fall the bold, green eye look is too entirely flattering for brown eyes in my humblest. Putting aside the preppy factor and just rejoicing over such a true, gorgeous shade of forest green is enough to make me dance around in circles of joy.

Check it after the jump!

So far I've only gotten my hands on Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Golden Leaf but I want to haul the other emerald green shade that is being released. The texture of the shadow is super smooth, blends beautifully, and is deeply pigmented, delish! Although it's a shimmer wash shadow it still manages to have a velvet-like finish with a subtle hint of golden sparkle. Too pretty.












To accompany the greens in the collection a new Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Forest Shimmer Ink was created. The color has a dominate brown note but also has the deeper aspects of a golden olive green. The shade is perfectly suited to the two shadows released and could possibly work as both a liner and a base.








I also told you about the new Bobbi Brown Creamy Eye Pencils. I got one in brown plum. Quite a nice, moisturizing pencil that glides on smoothly without skipping and smudges like a dream. For my look today I didn't use the pencil but I have a future FOTD planned with it.








Honestly for me the stars of this show are the Forest Shimmer Ink Gel Liner and the two new shadows, particularly Golden Leaf. Although I favor a warm look in the Fall that's made up of browns, golds, and occasionally oranges I can't deny that such a deep, dark green is utterly flattering and fitting for the season.

Well done Bobbi. Another incredible line up.

For my look below I simply used Golden Leaf eye shadow all over my lid and crease followed up with Forest Shimmer Ink liner on my waterline. You can see how dramatic the look is, it obviously speaks for itself that a simple wash of shadow on my lids and a little lining created a bold, beautiful look! Also as promised a close up of my eye using Urban Decay Eye Lash Primer and Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara...I think you can see the results are quite nice when the two are combined.








Anyone hauling?

Excited as I am about all that green?

Tell it!

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks Muse, really excited bout this collection from BB.

Love the eyeshadow, but might be due to me loving olive green. Might skip this and get the other metallic, seeing as I already have a lot of olive greens.

Not too sure about the gel liner, all I see on the screen is dirty brown with hints of olive green. Maybe will love it more if I see it in person?

Here's to hoping the collection is coming in Malaysia soon!

July 30, 2009 at 11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse!

That is one gorgeous eye of the day! You wear the colors really well!

Good lord, I think I'm shorting out my computer keyboard, what with all the drool puddles I'm leaving because of these lovely, lovely Fall releases. Freakin' 98F degrees be darned, I'm going to haul this and starting rocking it. NOW. =D

Thank you for the review and have a great night!

July 31, 2009 at 12:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jessie

worthy of a look at in person as the pic doesn't do it justice :-D

I hear you. I have ALOT of olive green too and the emerald def looks more unique when compared to simply love green :-D

Hope you guys get it soon and happy hauling when it arrives!

July 31, 2009 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

awww anonymous you're lovely thank you so much for the great comment/compliment :-D

hehe I'll help wipe up that drool if you like :D

July 31, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home