Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 30, 2009

Urban Decay Skyscraper Multi-Benefit Mascara Review


Urban Decay I likey your new Skyscraper Multi-Benefit Mascara but please can we has the waterproof version now?

Urban Decay Skyscraper Multi-Benefit Mascara is a new twist on the old Skyscraper mascara but with a new applicator and plenty of other awesome features. Buying mascara nowadays is alot like buying a new car you get all the bells and whistles with this model! Lengthen, strengthen, separating, curling, brightening, and thickening formula phew...see? Multi-benefits is good.

Check the review ahead!

I must say I'm not in love with the fact that Urban Decay Skyscraper Multi-Benefit Mascara isn't waterproof. I'm very good about not touching my eye area at all when I have makeup in place however I must have been really tired one night and rubbed a fair bit on my eyes. Thankfully I looked in the mirror really quickly because I was looking all kinds of scary. The mascara ended up smearing every which from Sunday yak!

The good news is it wears long without fading or smudging through out the day just don't touch it dears or you could fall victim to my drama. Used in conjunction with the new Urban Decay Eyelash Primer Potion and you can get some seriously long lashes that go on forever and a day.

The formula is a little iffy so take out proper time and patience to apply because you can and WILL end up with a hot mess of gooey lashes if you aren't careful during application. The formula is thick and messy but the applicator makes up for this by combing through the mascara with good even strokes so you end up with proper long lashes minus a mess, just remember slow and gentle wins this race. The formula is thick as I mentioned so sadly the mascara doesn't keep curl as well as I like since it weights lashes down however with primer in place it creates very long, very full, very fat lashes. The applicator is a straight edge plastic with tiny spikes to grip lashes for pulling upwards and out.




On it's own I don't think it's my ideal mascara but when paired with the new mascara primer I must say it creates a very nice lash look. The photos below are just the mascara and later tonight I have a scheduled post of the new Bobbi Brown Ivy League Collection where I am using the primer potion combined with the mascara and you'll notice how incredibly full and false like my lashes look.


Overall, I could use a waterproof formula and perhaps a bit of rework on the extra thick formula but I have absolutely no complaints with the results after my lashes are primed correctly, love that look, just not impressed with the mascara on it's own.

Anyone try?

Loves it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally *LOVE* the way it frames your eyes!

July 31, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

You can count me out with that plastic wand. Otherwise I would love to try it. It does sound like a great mascara.

August 1, 2009 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger .xoxo said...

I think you should post before and after pics with mascara reviews.

August 3, 2009 at 3:12 AM  
Anonymous jonnie said...

So I finally came out of the field and went straight to Ulta and they had the Fall 2009 collection in! Joy! I got Ink for Eyes in Demolition, Brightening Primer Potion, Cream to Powder foundation in Nirvana, and lipstick in Naked. I tried out Oil Slick over the Lipstick Queen Medieval I was wearing and it looked nice, but I couldn't justify buying it at full price just to occasionally wear over something else. I wish it had been around in my goth days though... it looked pretty nifty alone but not really a look I'd be able to wear any more. If it's still around when UD has it's Friends and Family sale though, it's all mine! I wanted to get the mascara primer but I ended up getting 24/7 Concealer and eyeshadow in Chains instead. That's another one that will be mine when the FF sale comes along though! I want to see how it will work with my new shu uemura mascara. :D

Well, hopefully you don't mind me posting about my haul. I don't have any friends who are makeup obsessed like I am so it's nice to tell someone who knows what it's like!

August 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks www :D

August 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hate 'em jackie? I actually like them better than brush ones :_D

August 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi xoxo I normally do I just got a bit sidetracked, sometimes I get busy :-D

sorry

August 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

jonnie

awesome hauling babe. Are you liking the primer so far? Naked is AMAZING isn't it? I really can't blame you skipping on oil slick..honestly it's a great shade but I know it'll sit in my draw a fair bit as I can't picture myself wearin' it to work. It's more for a dramatic evening out or clubbing or something.

24/7 concealer is SOOOOOOOOO wonderful. Great pigmented concealer, incredible :-D

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Post away! I love hearing it. Sorry I'm delayed replyin' been busy :D

August 7, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Anonymous jonnie said...

I must say, I LOVE the brightening primer! I'm only 30 so I'm not full of sagginess or wrinkles or anything yet... maybe a couple fine lines (sigh)... but it is totally keeping my makeup fresh for waaaay longer than it normally stays (I am a victim of the rapidly disappearing makeup normally). Plus I don't really have large pores but my cheeks right next to my nose tend to get really shiny really fast and this cut that down a lot.

The primer works really well with the Surreal Skin cream-to-powder foundation too (probably was planned that way :P). I love them both! At my Sephora visit a couple days ago the lady helping me further drain my bank account told me my makeup looked great (great compliment! I felt great the rest of the day!), and I was wearing the primer/foundation together.

Actually, I've not yet used the primer with any other foundation and I haven't used the Surreal Skin without the primer... maybe I should try and see how it goes for me. Hmm...

August 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jonnie sorry for the delayed reply :D

I am so happy you are loving the primer so much! It's really turning into a favorite for me too and I absolutely adore lip primer potion at the moment too for pulling off awesome fall, gothy lips :-D

It's such a great Fall collection it makes me excited for what they will release for Holiday!

August 26, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home