Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 13, 2009

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Natural Origin Eye Make Remover Liquid and Pads Review

Physicians Formula has a brand new organic range of cleansers for removing makeup. I ran across the line recently while I was in Harmon's and snatched up one or two items to review here.


Take the jump for the word on Physicians Formula Organic Wear Natural Origin Eye Make Remover Liquid and Pads.

The Physicians Formula Organic Wear Natural Origin Collection consists of two eye makeup removers, a cleansing makeup remover, and makeup remover Towelettes. The line is priced at $9.95 on the Physicians Formula site but I got my items for $7.99 each plus a $3 coupon which was stuck on the packaging thus bringing the price down to $4.99 per an item. I suppose $7.99 is a reasonable price but $4.99 felt even better, particularly because I was so disappointed with the items I did haul.






If you're a lover of organic makeup these should appeal. Physicians Formula says they are 100% Free of Harsh Chemicals, 100% Paraben-Free, and 100% Cruelty Free. I honestly did not buy them because they were organic I was simply yearning for a cheap eye makeup remover which led me to purchase the two removers offered.

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Eye Makeup Remover comes in a liquid form and in a pad form. Although it didn't promise to remove waterproof mascara I was stupidly hopeful by some small miracle it would. Both products have a fresh, herbal lavender scent which is quite pleasant. For basic eye makeup remover, sans waterproof mascara, or mascara in general, they do a decent job but if you wear heavy makeup including waterproof mascara these aren't going to get you very far. So you see why I was feeling shut down and disappointed. Why aren't there any decent eye makeup removers at the drugstore?




Although it failed to remove my mascara and didn't do much good on pigmented aqua eye shadow I still can't trash it completely as it is an ideal product for those that wear minimal eye makeup and need a gentle makeup remover or prefer products that are both green friendly and free of harsh chemicals.

Overall, I'll probably refrain from purchasing any more of this collection but I am every so slightly curious about the cleanser but since I was a tad hohum about these two removers I'll safely skip. These should be at your local drugstore as I found them locally if you're interested. My final verdict, no likey.

Along with the $3 instant coupon on each product there was a $5 mail in rebate so it's virtually like getting the products free if you don't mind the leg work of rebates.

Anyone try this line?

Anyone interested in it?

Do share!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Pavlina said...

Ahhh, Muse! Cold Cream or Vaseline will both remove waterproof eye makeup. :)

July 14, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi pavilna

no thanks :-D hehe too gross and messy. I prefer liquid oil based removers.

July 14, 2009 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Kyl said...

Hi Muse:

That's too bad these weren't satisfactory. I was thinking I'd try them out after they got a favorable write up in Lucky mag, but I think I'll reconsider given your experience. The best cheap eye makeup remover I've found is Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. It looks like Elmer's glue (not sticky, though) and I have had good luck with it.

July 19, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home