Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 13, 2009

MAC Colour Craft LipGlass Swatches and Review

The color trio marbleized MAC Lipglasses from the Colour Craft Collection are not original as they have been done before with the MAC SugarSweet Collection however the shades are new. The first round of these released didn't capture my fancy and I admit the second time coming they held little appeal as well.


Jump ahead for a few thoughts, a few swatches, and general babble about MAC Lipglass!

First off I hope MAC doesn't embrace this new square packaging as I'm rather partial to the round, standard lip gloss tubes thanks so much. Does anyone feel the same or am I alone here?

I'm not denying that this style of MAC Lipglass is very pretty and quite unique however I do fear in the long run that the pretty shades and colors in the tube will end up a dreadful mess after many times of removing and applying the gloss. This is one main reason I've avoided these glosses up until now.




Although pretty the gloss still fails to capture my interest as I'm not all that interested in three shades of gloss combing to create one single color, as that's the effect and finish after all right? Seems like a whole lot of extra that I don't need in my life.

The two shades I've been fiddling about with today are Crazy Haute which is a bluish pink but just looks rather purplish to me and Pretty Patter which is a very nude, sheer beige.




















Overall, as pretty as these are I prefer my old MAC Lipglass in the long wrong. Tried and true favorite for the Muse.

What do you think?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel like they look used or really really old and nasty so that the shimmer and colors separated. but i agree, me no likes square packaging

July 13, 2009 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey anonymous!

true! Kinda!!!! :-D! I don't either, prefer the old tubes!

July 14, 2009 at 9:22 AM  
Anonymous TerriB said...

Color me surprised :], but Pretty Pattern has been on my lips every day for a week, and I love it. Don't like the packaging or the tri-color idea, but the shade and texture are great (not as sticky, fades nicely). Has a lot of depth on dark lips but I could see it being bland on paler mouths.

July 14, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey terri!

awesome :-D I really like it too but not into the packaging at all!

July 14, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home