Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 13, 2009

MAC Colour Craft: MAC Mineralized Baked Eye Shadow Quad Review and Swatches

It's a MAC kinda day isn't it? I thought I'd babble briefly about the MAC Mineralized Baked Eye Shadows released with the Colour Craft Collection.


Jump ahead for it and feel free to join in with your thoughts!

I thought the release of MAC Colour Craft Face was incredible. The blushes, the MSF, the brushes, all really great products. However, I was disappointed with the mineralized shadows which failed to impress me. Each shadow is split into four separate colors which could be exciting for some but just had me dreading the terrible mess it would be later on in life. Some of the color selections of the shadows were very nice two in particular I'm swatching today are gorgeous however the quads did fail to impress me because it seemed like alot of color in one tiny pan.

I wouldn't necessarily mind all that color however since it has no separator, no divider of any kind it does become a bit of a hot mess when working with each individual shade. Already after a single eye look my pan is looking like all the colors have blended into each other, yak mess! Although I love the idea, in action it fails to work and the shadow just becomes a mess of muddy colors since they are all running together unless you're extra careful when swiping with your brush.

The two shades, the two best shades in my opinion, that I'm showing you today are Natural Flare and Assemblage. Natural Flare is made up of many Summer-ready shades particularly the fiery orange which reminds me of MAC Firepit. The shades range from orange to golden beige, brown, and copper bronze. Truly the combination of the four shades is stunning. Assemblage is made up of some interesting shades that quite remind me of a Seasonal Winter look. Shades of black, shimmering gold and white, and a deep pewter gray will make a very pretty smoky eye.




















I adore the idea of these shadows but I do think they are a tad on the messy side. Singles, sure. Duos, yes. A quad in one small pan? Not a good idea.

What do you think?

Loves 'em?

Leaves 'em?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger watercoloursky said...

Yeah I think the creative group at MAC must have gotten a bit too carried away with the mineralized idea. When they came out with trios I thought those looked ugly, and when pics of these quads showed up online they looked like a disaster.

I think they should keep it simple to duo eyeshadows, and duo MSFs at the most. I don't like the tricolour MSFs either because they lack veining...but it sounds like you do like them :)

July 13, 2009 at 9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously not loving them :( and i was so stoked for this one. the colors are nice, but i couldn't justify the money for the mess that might be near the end. so i spent my money on 4 pro pans and a quad :)

July 13, 2009 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey blu

duos for sure and singles but trios and a quad...the pan is WAY to small!

I really like them but I can totally understand how you feel as if I had to decide I'd go with a regular single color MSF with beautiful veining :-D

the tricolor are more frosty!

July 14, 2009 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi mynext30years

I hear that! good choice! I really dread using it again and having a mess of shadow :(

July 14, 2009 at 9:29 AM  
Anonymous gio said...

These look pretty but very messy too! I like the colors but I think thy'r easily dupable so I couldn't justify buying them.

July 14, 2009 at 9:51 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey gio!

yes the mess is what turns me off:( damn.

July 14, 2009 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Haru said...

Hey Izzy,

Try applying these with a sponge tip applicator, like those in Jill Stuart palettes. You get much less loose bits flying all over the place as you can just press the sponge tip against the shade that you want and it picks up the color very easily, as well as really packs the color on your lid.

July 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey iris!

def a helpful hint my dear :-D But I'm so heavy handed I still have a mess flying around :-D

July 14, 2009 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Anitacska said...

I disagree. I've used two of them so far and neither of them ended up in any sort of mess. I think it's a good idea and they look fab. I'm, for one, loving them.

July 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey anita!

awww glad you love 'em doll! that's great :-D I'm not sadly, great colors and nice finish but a little messy for me probs b/c I have a heavy hand :P

July 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home