Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 17, 2009

Lush Dark Angels Cleanser


The Muse has been so busy lately she hasn't had a visit or a stop by on the Lush UK forum in a long, long time. That being said it means she isn't as updated on what is being released from Lush. Ugh how remiss of her!

Well....a little late to this ball game but better later than never. Allow me to introduce you to Lush's latest skincare gem entitled Dark Angels Cleanser.

Hm! Count me curious!

Jump ahead for it!
I happen to be a fan of Lush Coal Face so I'm quite curious about Lush Dark Angels Cleanser. Although I do so admit that they appear to be quite similar?

Dark Angels is supposedly a powerful cleanser designed for younger, oily skin, and darker skin. I find it interesting that Lush designed a cleanser meant for darker skin. I'm wondering what that entails and I'm looking forward to hearing reviews from anyone with a darker tone. It's supposedly a cleansing roll which could mean it's not solid and more along the lines of Angels on Bare Skin where you are breaking off pieces to use. The base of the product is Rhassoul mud which is purchased directly from mines in Morocco's Atlas Mountains (yes I know sounds exotic but knowing Lush's environmental stance I imagine it's very true). It also contains charcoal which absorbs oil and scrubs skin clean. Rosewood and sandalwood essential oils keep skin smooth.

It doesn't honestly sound exactly like Lush Coal Face in formula or texture but the charcoal definitely hints at the fact it could likely be quite similar in results. I'm quite curious. I think I may indulge. I'm neither young nor oily but anything Lush skin related always tops my lists. It's Summer so I imagine my forehead can use a good scrub down to keep it from being oily. The worst it could do is dry me out.


Anyone curious?

Tried yet?

Tell it!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Aisling McSweeney said...

I'm curious. I love all black skincare items.

June 17, 2009 at 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Abigail from California said...

Do you know what happened to the Japanese girl? If it's discontinued, what is good for our nose.. I'm sad to see it go.. Thank you.

June 18, 2009 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi crotchfairy!

:-D this be for you than babes!

June 19, 2009 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey abigail

please don't talk about sweet japanese girl :( I'm so gutted they discontinued her. I stocked up on 10 and stuck them in my fridge to keep fresh :(

sigh.

Lush is planning to bring out a few new skincare items hopefully one is good as our dearly departed Japanese girl!

June 19, 2009 at 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Felis said...

Dark Angel is like the lovechild of Angels on Bare Skin and Coalface. It's crumbly and you break off bits and squish them up to use. The smell is better than AoBS, sort of fresh with a hint of licorice, and the exfoliating particles are kind of big and sharp. It does an excellent job of cleansing and exfoliating without stripping my skin or leaving any tightness, but you've got to be careful to rinse it all off or you'll look like you have flea dirt. Also don't get it up your nose as I learned the hard way.

June 19, 2009 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello again felis!

fantastic. I'm sure a fan of AOBS and love the break off cleansers :-D

What sort of skin type are you? I was worried this would be tight on my dry skin!

:-D I'm looking forward to tryin' it!

LOL up your nose?! ouchie!

June 19, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home