Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 23, 2009

Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipcolor Review and Swatches

All the members of the Total Beauty Network recently got a chance to try out the Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipcolor that's newly launched from Max Factor a few months ago. I read quite a flattering review about it on MUA and some other lovely words from fellow bloggers which had me eager to try it out for myself .


Jump ahead to hear the word on Max Factor Vidid Impact Lipcolor!

I've heard plenty of great reviews about this but I have to say it's not really all that special. The pigmentation is decent, the lipstick applies smoothly enough but could be a bit more moisturizing, and the price is decent enough but I don't see myself running to the store to pick up a few more. I only tried one color and honestly wasn't all that impressed.






If anything I'm positive I can find a better drugstore lipstick than this in my humble opinion. Perhaps it was that the finish was the semi-matte? Or maybe it was the fact that the color applies somewhat dully without a hint of moisture or shine. The formula is a tad forgivable when gloss is placed on top but not by much.






If anything the variety of shades, 20 altogether, price tag of $7.99 or less, and nice pigmentation could appeal to some but for me I'll skip. As for me I'm not running to my local drugstore to haul it anytime soon, no likey, just an uneventful lipstick for this Muse!

Anyone a fan?

What are some redeeming qualities you like about Max Factor Vivid Impact Lipcolor?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger bk377 said...

I haven't tried these, but I like the packaging with the colour visible on the band of plastic at the bottom of the tube. It would make the colour so much easier to find (unlike my mountain of MAC lipsticks whichI have trawl through to get the shade I'm looking for).

Slightly off=topic, but I hear that Max Factor is going to be discontinued in the USA? I was very suprised to hear that. I use some of the mascaras and actually used to buy the American versions off eBay because I preferred the packaging for the US versions over the UK ones.

June 23, 2009 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Sarah Vaughn said...

I got one in the color Sweet Tart (it took me awhile to find anywhere that carried that shade, since our CVS only had about half the colors and our Walgreens doesn't carry any Max Factor), and I really like it a lot. The color is a nice bright pink that's almost too much color for me. I don't think it's super moisturizing, but it is less drying than most lipsticks I've tried. But yeah, nice pigmentation and for a drugstore lipstick I thought it had a nice finish (not too frosty/metalic).

June 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey bora
I never though of that but you're right, handy!

yes it is :( I believe it's already been pulled but many stores still have displays and such if you need anything LMK! :-D

July 1, 2009 at 2:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey hana

glad you had good success with this guy ;-D I'm not a big fan to be honest. it just seemed average and sub par :P not bad pigmentation though guess I just wanted a bit more of a moisturizing formula maybe it was the finish I wasn't loving!

July 1, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home